Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Space Cruiser - Wont Start - Help!

JESSE

Hello,

Can anybody help?!

I recently bought a 1985 2.0 Auto Space Cruiser and its been fine and always started first time untill recently.

It started to splutter when pulling away or at low revs, this happened for a few days and now it wont start at all. It seems like its damp or theres no spark to get it going.

grateful for any ideas

Thanks

Jesse

take a plug lead off , stick an old plug into the lead , place it next to something metalic on the engine , the lift eye is usually the best place. have someone crank it over and watch for spark. if no spark then its down to the coil , distributor cap and rotor arm .if a spark then its either no fuel , fuel pump knackered ,clogged filter,or the fly wheel timing sensor is knackered if it has a one that is.also its 1985 , does this mean points and a condensor ???? if so your points i bet ,are welded together.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the advice.

I finally got around to sorting my space cruiser and now know its a problem with fuel line (somewhere)

I managed to get it started by getting petrol striaght in to the carb via a tube and it runs fine.

Can anyone tell me a) where the fuel pump is? B) where the fuel filter is? and c) what the filter type thing is under the air box (or is that the fuel filter???)

I've never had to work on a toyota engine before and i'm a bit stuck as my basic engine knowledge isn't helping!

many thanks

do you have a chassis number , i may be able to look for you but 1985 maybe a little early for my toyota parts program

or the name of the space cruiser in japan ( estima ) etc ???

many thanks.

the chasis number is JT1W0YR2100024529

i'm not sure what model it was in japan. all i know is that its a 2.0 petrol auto first registered in Aug 1985

cheers

yup its all here , which pics do you want , email me at mpickles666@aol.com and i can send you all the schemeatics you require

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links