Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Slide!

CrazyJ

:help:

ubik ubik ubik ubik!

Took it to a garage today, they checked the springs and shockers and said they were fine!??! How else can the car bounce on the front drivers side like it does, and not on the front passanger side!?? WELL CONFUSED!!!

They checked my tyres tracking tred pressure etc, and these were all fine... they suggested it maybe the camber settings on the front drivers tyre,... but again this wouldnt explain the bounce,.... and im pretty %$(ing sure its not a feature!

I also checked the bushes on the top of the struts for cracks etc and they seemed fine,.....

Any mechs out there with any advise would be muchos appreciated!!!

Cheers

J

its not going to bounce is it if your shocks are working.

pull off the shocks and compare the sides. Mine are that knackered that one of the front ones will only go in with the help of a hammer whilst the other one just falls down without any encouragment. Its recently got an MOT too so doesn't look the garage have any methods of checking the suspension properly other than visually

so when I took it to them and asked them to check the shocks and springs they just visually looked at them, didnt get them out or check them??

Im no mechanic (one day oh one day)... so taking out the shocks is like way scary for a man of my limited experience.

Should I just by some new front shocks and get them to replace them "no questions" kinda thing? :huh:

Is there any techy guys on here who live near J17 on the M6 who would have a look for me???? :rolleyes:

wheres junction 17?

yeah they would of just looked at it im sure and maybe bounced up and down on the corners or something along those lines... no way tells them how well the shocks are working.

just replace them and you will see benefit

wheres junction 17?

yeah they would of just looked at it im sure and maybe bounced up and down on the corners or something along those lines... no way tells them how well the shocks are working.

just replace them and you will see benefit

Sandbach, next junction up from crewe / stoke....

A previous celica owner told me even if I get some uprated lowering springs I would notice the improvement with bounce on the front,... also noticed the back passanger side has a bounce too, so I dont know if its that one or the front drivers one, or if thats just imbalanced due to the front drivers one??! ALL TOO MUCH!!!

i mentioned to you before you have to push down real hard on the front to get it to even move , anything less than really pushing hard on the front and it goes up and down suggests your shocks are <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed mate. the rears dont need as much downforce to move them. ;)

i mentioned to you before you have to push down real hard on the front to get it to even move , anything less than really pushing hard on the front and it goes up and down suggests your shocks are <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed mate. the rears dont need as much downforce to move them.    ;)

So its just sitting on the front spring then, and thats why theres a bounce instead of it just going down and staying down?

Plus you have a lot more weight on the front end

Goto a different garage and get the shocks rechecked!

There is no way they should be bumping around the way they are.

Mine are standard and seem solid!

my are <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed and it does bounce on one corner too!

only notice it when u hit a big bump... one rear corner bounces back at ya :)

yes crazy , you are basically bouncing like a rubber ball. :fishyface:

when u push down it should come up and stay up , there should be no bouncing at all, im putting my money on its your shocks m8.

What mileage is the car ??

When i replaced my shockys and springs the car was on 85,000 , when i took the shockys off only one was ok the rest were shagged , the 2 fronts i could push all the way down and they would stay down for a few seconds then every so slowly start rising , now a good shocky should spring back straight away, baring in mind there was no leaking of them but as the standard shockys on the 202 are gas there's not tealy going to be a tell tale sign..

If your car's around the 70-80k then its a good idea to get them done m8 and while ur at it stick a set of spax springs on too :D

Kev

Cheers for all the advice guys,.

Im going back to pick up some anti roll bar bushes (you all gave me a fix from another post for the rear knocking)... so when I go I will pop in to a performance garage next door (that wasnt open sat) I will tell them just to swap the shocks and springs... monkeys...

Cars done 50k but the back two wheels look like rally wheels!! maybe it has been ragged big time...

Anyways will let you all know monday....

Cheers.

Oh and maleborn, the GT4 looks sweet dude :yes::thumbsup:

I have a gen5, and I can't even push my shocks down.. I think your shocks are probably tired.. you can change the front and not the back, or the back and not the front... Back or front always change the pair. Good luck!!!

So I have taken the car back to the dealer today to get the shocks done under warranty,.. nice,.. so Im in the wifes 106 for the day (oh the joy of a 1.1)...

Regarding the power slide, I have been pushing my car round corners trying to make it slide again all week, but not even a budge,... do you reckon I just hit some oil on the road??? Was pretty sure the shocks were the cause,.. but apparently not...

Ta

J

congrats on getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links