Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Gas Milage For 2004 Camry Le

SaulG

Hi all, I have a new 2004 Camry, now with 1900 miles. I've been getting a consistent 15-16 miles per gallon using regular gas!! The dealer's service manager says "everything" checks out OK in the car (computer, etc.), but I feel that this is very low. The car is used 75% for relatively short trips, with the balance on the highway. (Of course I realize that driving habits & styles affect performance, but mine is conservative regarding starts and acceleration.)

The sticker's city mileage estimate is 20-28MPG, but I'm getting 25% less that the low end of the estimate?!

Is there any experience out there with a similar issue?

• 1 month later...
Hi all,  I have a new 2004 Camry, now with 1900 miles.  I've been getting a consistent 15-16 miles per gallon using regular gas!!  The dealer's service manager says "everything" checks out OK in the car (computer, etc.), but I feel that this is very low.  The car is used 75% for relatively short trips, with the balance on the highway.  (Of course I realize that driving habits & styles affect performance, but mine is conservative regarding starts and acceleration.)

The sticker's city mileage estimate is 20-28MPG, but I'm getting 25% less that the low end of the estimate?!

Is there any experience out there with a similar issue?

Hi Saul... Nice car that ou ve got...Regarding the gas mileage ,please remember that the mileage can increase once you drive the car for a few thousand miles...Also, if you are driving mostly city ,and the temperature is cold, the mileage would go down ,and at last, the aditives that New York has in the winter gasoline does not help at all.

I gave you some reasons why your mileage may be where is right now..But you ll see, once the tempoerature warms up, you ll see an increase in your miles per gallon.

Also, Happy Holiday !

• 1 month later...

Is that a 6 cyl or 4 cyl

I have a 4 cyl 2001 camry , After a long time I put the premium fuel this time .

The mileage really went low , normally I get arnd 350-400 miles for a full tank , this time it was less than 300 .

Dont know why??

My grandfather was getting about 19 mpg with his '02 Camry LE 4-cylinder for the first couple thousand miles. This is strictly round town driving, going up steep hills and such... was getting only 25 mpg on a run. It slowly climbed until he was getting 25 mpg around town and hit the 32 mpg EPA highway estimate more than once on a run, but usually right at 30 mpg, which is what he got with the '90 Buick Regal Limited Coupé the Camry replaced, and that had the old tech 185 bhp 3.8 litre pushrod V6... Go figure. Even that hardly seems right, but I would say there is definitely a problem if you're a conservative driver getting 15-16 mpg. And on the premium, I would steer clear of it with a 4-cylinder Camry, as the ECU will usually not advance the ignition timing enough to take advantage of the higher knock resistance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links