Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice

houston

just got me new stereo so looks like ill be doin some work to it, now ive got some ideas for setup,

the way it is now i have 2 6x9s in back, was thinkin of just linkin these up to amps instead of sub as im still doubtin there will be space for the roof panels with a box in the way, next is for the door Speakers, i have an alpine v12 there to run any other Speakers but im unsure if the extra power would make any diff to the small Speakers, could someone tell me the biggest speakers i could fit in there without messin on much, next item is for the electric aeriel, iit works fine but i have to rig the stereo through the factory fitted harness to get it to work and theres a LOT of interferance comin from somewhere, is there any way i can link up aeriel without usin standard wirin? i cant use a harness adaptor cos ive cut into it thinkin id be able to fit an iso onto the end with no problems <_<

thanks

Run the 6x9's with an external amp.

Wouldnt bother changing the front set up as it wont make a huge difference to it if the Speakers are amped.

T-tops will both fit behind the drivers seat or in the boot in there bags so they dont get damaged.

I've got a sub box in mine and normally just put my roofs in the boot.

Not sure about the largest Speakers you can put in the doors are but if your fitting a sub...

you shouldn't really need to change them

Not sure about the ariel mate, but i'm sure someone else will be able to

answer that part :thumbsup:

thanks, i was hopin that someone would say the 6x9s would be ok cos i dont know of anyone on here thats done it this way!

what kind of power can the standard front Speakers cope with cos the new stereo is a lot more powerful than the one thats in now.

ive got the bags for the roof panels but im not confident about puttin glass in the boot unsecured.

wasnt expectin a reply so quickly :thumbsup:

My standard Speakers take a serious beating all the time and they seem to hold out really well.

A lot to be said for the standard Mr2 sound sytem.

And the way the t-tops sit in the boot, they cant move anyway.

Sort of stand up at an angle towards the engine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links