Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Legal ?

Jimlad

Thing is though MANY people said the same thing about Bibbs front spoiler, funny how people change there minds... :rolleyes: :P

Thing is though MANY people said the same thing about Bibbs front spoiler, funny how people change there minds...  :rolleyes:  :P

Nah! As much as I like Bibbs car, I still don't like the bonnet spoiler (and said so when he fitted it). But like I've said before... It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. :thumbsup:

its 80s style, u know its bad when similar bits are on capris and orions!

also on (when clear) on all the special ferraris, not so 80's then :D

And look at the topics about how pants the kit cars look trying to imitate Ferrari's.

I would consider it simply because not many people have one.

You have to ask yourself why....everyone has clear indicators cos they look nice...nobody really has this ...I wonder why?

Of course, it's only my opinion but I think if you like the hatchback look, get a Celica or Supra

AS Bibbs said, it will be legal......

Not ti sure about it myself though.. I think the idea is good is it was mounded to the sides with a seperate access flap, kind of Exigeish....

Should be legal, I think the law only requires that you have 2 fully functional rear view mirrors (ie the ones on your doors).

Thats correct, the requirements for general motor vehicles is one left mounted rear view mirror AND one interior rear view mirror OR where this cannot provide adequate vision one right mounted outside mirror.

On a side note filling in the rear section as the pictured panel does actually makes the car more aerodynamic, so you could argue that there is a purpose behind having it, though I tend to agree with those that say it would look better clear (Ferrari stylee).

Nothing wrong with the legality side of things. It simply becomes the same as a car derived van (not that you would fit much into it LMAO), but my question is; If you have a rear/mid mounted engine, why would you mess with the breathing of the engine bay?

The more performance mods you make, the hotter the running temp. So surely you would want to help it to breathe, not hinder it?

Nothing wrong with the legality side of things. It simply becomes the same as a car derived van (not that you would fit much into it LMAO), but my question is; If you have a rear/mid mounted engine, why would you mess with the breathing of the engine bay?

The more performance mods you make, the hotter the running temp. So surely you would want to help it to breathe, not hinder it?

well, how do nsx's do it? hed have to incorporate some kind of forced air (roof scoop, or in this case, his bomex or tom's scoop, whatever he has) and some kind of vent or exit. exactly the same physics people use when they have trunk mounted intercoolers. ((ie. cut out scoop at bottom of trunk and a reverse scoop on the top of trunk.))

That rear bit shouldn't affect the cooling of the engine. In fact it may improve it. With a standard engine bay lid, air traveling over the vents is meant to suck out the hot air inside. Cold air also gets into the engine bay from under the car by means of the plastic trays. Anyone driving an MR2 will know that there is a fair bit of "turbulance" behind the window and little vacuum type pressure.

I think fitting this type of rear the air going over the roof will travel over the vents more effectively (aerodynamics) and sucking out the hot air more efficiently.

The only downsides I can see is the smell, heat and noise inside the cabin if you were to remove the rear glass.

Would be fully legal though as someone mentioned, you only need two functional rear-view mirrors, but one of the has to be the driver's side mirror :thumbsup:

The only downsides I can see is the smell, heat and noise inside the cabin if you were to remove the rear glass.

I don't think there was a suggestion of taking the glass out. Just that you wouldn't see it.

Even the likes of Lamboghini Muira and Ferrari F40 still retain a window to seperate the cabin from the engine.

there are better versions available which take the lines of the mr2 which look great on modified 2's, the one in the picture looks !Removed! awful IMHO....

At first glance it looks cool. then kinda looks like it shouldnt be there.

I think its legal though. otherwise cars like mclaren f1 wouldnt be.

p.s where can i get a cheap tom's air scoop. can u get it pre-sprayed

and if not how much is it to spray.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links