Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot / Load Cover

paulymid

<_< Hi, I have just bought my first Toyota, a 1998 Rav 4.

The only (and I mean only) dislike, is that the contents of the boot / load area are on view.

Now I live near Wolverhampton, which is not a place you want to leave anything on view in your car.

Are Load / Boot covers available for these ?

I have searched the net & eBay & cannot find anything.

Help Please...

Thanks

Paul. :thumbsup:

First off ,welcome to the TOC :) , Toyota did sell a cover, it was a flimsy thing which fixed to the side panes, bit like a boot tidy with a lid ;) .

Or it would be possible to make one out of MDF, bit like a speaker shelf :) .

My boss bought one for his S-reg Rav from our extortionate local Mr T. It's basically a piece of vinyl with two tubes in it that sits across the top of the loadbay.

He bought it a couple of years ago and was a bit horrified by what he got for the money but it actually does the job okay...

Hope this helps,

Alan

<_< Hi, I have just bought my first Toyota, a 1998 Rav 4.

The only (and I mean only) dislike, is that the contents of the boot / load area are on view.

Now I live near Wolverhampton, which is not a place you want to leave anything on view in your car.

Hi there

I have a Landcruiser 80 and I had the same problem. I could nt get a boot cover any where and then when I could I would have to sell one of the kids to pay for it. I went down to a local hard ware and bought a lenght of the the stuff you put on the soil to stop weeds coming up BLACK. doubled it and sowed the edges shut. Then I bought the velcro sew and stick. I sowed one piece on the black cover and stuck the other piece on the side panels. Now I can take it down when I want and cover when I want. It does need some super glue on the sticky part every now and again and thats only because I remove it a lot. I think it cost me about €20

John c

92HDJ 80

Ireland

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links