Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mature Section?

System~G

Am I getting too old?

I have been getting really well anoyed reading various posts by younger members of the site recently.

Maybe it's because I can't relate to the younger generation anymore or maybe because the chav element has creapt into it (Kind of expected especially with a forum this size).

So last night I started thinking, what about a section for the "more mature" of the site - ages say 25 years+ just for general banter, nothing rude (we have Gold for that)?

What are your thoughts management/other members?

The only problem with that Garrick, is the "younger generation" aren't all the same and some may even hork more mature/constructive comments than someone above 25 say...

I think its kind of a stereotype thing. I think chav like remarks and stupid posts are just going to be a part of any forum, and given that this is probably the largest toyota club, i wouldn't see it be any different here mate.

I hear what your saying about a mature section, and its justified, but i'm not sure how the mods magical abilities can set one up without ridiculing others...

not a bad idea , but whats to stop under age peeps simply joining it anyways ???

oh and just how many years have you got on the clock to start thinking your getting on a bit ?? :lol:

Well we all should enter our birthdates when joining the forum...

But thinking about it anyone can enter BS info <_<

Probably not the best of ideas afterall - I just suppose we'll have to put up with nonsense from time to time :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

but not all of us in the younger generation are as childish and chavvy as you may think, im 16 turning 17 in a few days and i dont see my self as a childish chav. i dont think it would be rite to ban us younger people as we do bring valuable things to this forum i believe, and you will turn away many new members by saying that your an old mature site, they will expect old men in slippers if you get me....

thats my two cents

but not all of us in the younger generation are as childish and chavvy as you may think, im 16 turning 17 in a few days and i dont see my self as a childish chav. i dont think it would be rite to ban us younger people as we do bring valuable things to this forum i believe, and you will turn away many new members by saying that your an old mature site, they will expect old men in slippers if you get me....

thats my two cents

That wasn't what System was saying - he just wanted an area where he could go to get away from those types of comments.

thats my two cents

That wasn't what System was saying - he just wanted an area where he could go to get away from those types of comments.

Getting people to speak/type english would be a starting point. I`ve noticed a lot of txt speak creeping in lately. I don`t mean we all have to cross t`s and dot i`s but making it legible would be good.

Lets face it. the `younger generation' is tomorrows TOC and LOC members. And we were all there once. I for one wish i still were. :lol::thumbsup:

Mate! You're only 32!

Here's a suggestion, maybe we could split General into two?

Something like General and Off topic?

General could have stricter rules, if you don't stick to them then mods could delete the post?

Off topic, that could be a pretty random forum.

If it were quite leniant then you'd probably find the less mature congregating there, leaving general to more sensible dicussion?

I dunno, what do you think of that idea?

For the record, i'm 25, I don't always feel the maturist person around but I know what your saying...

I don't neccesarily think it's an age thing- I can't see how some people seem to post so much in such a short time? :huh:

I sometimes get annoyed with "the youth of today" and in many ways I'm still one of them being only 23!

It amazes me though how much some of these younger chaps and chappettes know - I kinda feel insignificant to their superior knowledge!

Yeah text speak is annoying - I cant stand it and generally speaking people are getting better and it is just relative newbies who do it.....

I just believe that yes a lot of the kids on here act like kids and you get annoyed sometimes, but then there are other kids of the same age who act more grown up than I do!

Mate!  You're only 32!

Here's a suggestion, maybe we could split General into two?

Something like General and Off topic?

General could have stricter rules, if you don't stick to them then mods could delete the post?

Off topic, that could be a pretty random forum.

I like that idea, that way jimlads late night posts etc wont get deleted and we can all laugh in the morning

i agree a sub forum of 'off topic' under generals

generals can be for the more conservative posts

off topic for all the random rubbish, preferably with a one week cut off and automatically deleted

i think the concept of a 'mature' forum is a little daft!

yeah im immature but i keep that for my own time i dont bully you lot with it, unless its a show :P

it doesnt seem fair to block us young ones out because a few are abit chavvy

EDIT: rob was thinkin the same i swear im sharing ur brain or something its freaky

i agree a sub forum of 'off topic' under generals

generals can be for the more conservative posts

off topic for all the random rubbish, preferably with a one week cut off and automatically deleted

i think the concept of a 'mature' forum is a little daft!

I think that's quite a good idea, although overall TOC doesn't seem to have as much rubbish posted (or is that just me)? Maybe I'm missing something in the other forums.

A 'random' forum for threads like "What's your favourite food" or "I'm hungover" with automated deletes could work, whereas a 'mature' forum may cause more arguments and instigate silly comments.

precisly miss charis

'off topic' for people posting toss like 'what sandwhich should i have' :rolleyes:

general for things like news intrests, reports and pic gallerys of shows and meets etc and more 'intelligent' conversations

oh and Lee, dont be too long with the brain, i dont use it much but it helps run vital organs, like my liver, ill let my nads do the thinking :lol:

precisly miss charis

'off topic' for people posting toss like 'what sandwhich should i have' :rolleyes:

general for things like news intrests, reports and pic gallerys of shows and meets etc and more 'intelligent' conversations

oh and Lee, dont be too long with the brain, i dont use it much but it helps run vital organs, like my liver, ill let my nads do the thinking :lol:

yeah a sensible general, and a well erm im hungover one (yes jim, u)

as for my liver well beer runs mine :D

Is it that difficult the way it is now? If I go to General Discussions I know I can end up reading anything from a serious debate on breast cancer to a jokey feature on how to give a cat a pill and it's all great!

I'd prefer not to have to look through further forums, personally. If I find myself reading a thread that is of no interest to me, then I just move on. Simple as that. :yes:

Oh and we all can talk sense at one time and rubbish at another. I don't think age has all that much to do with it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links