Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Question

PAB

• 2 weeks later...

BTT

Hasn't anyone ever changed a bulb? :help:

I've now seen a handbook, the bulb replacement info shows a small screw to be removed to gain access to the rear of the lamp unit. Well it appears that the plastic bracket on the lamp assembly has broken off (common?), so do you think that a previous owner has stuck the lamp assembly into the bodywork???

Don't want to cause damage, so any help appreciated! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
BTT

Hasn't anyone ever changed a bulb?  :help:

I've now seen a handbook, the bulb replacement info shows a small screw to be removed to gain access to the rear of the lamp unit. Well it appears that the plastic bracket on the lamp assembly has broken off (common?), so do you think that a previous owner has stuck the lamp assembly into the bodywork???

Don't want to cause damage, so any help appreciated!  :thumbsup:

Sorry to take so long to answer...

You've probably sorted this by now, but here's some info anyhow...

The single screw simply makes sure that the lamp doesn't slide forward off it's mount in the wing (there's a plastic "clip" moulded into the lamp assy that seats the lamp into the wing aperture)...

If the screw is missing, or the bracket broken, then the lamp should simply slide forward out of the aperture and you can disconnect the lampholder to change the bulb...

If it won't slide forward, then the lamp has either been stuck into the aperture, or to the side of headlamp (I've seen this before - some bodge-merchant had glued the two lamps together with silicon... tatty, but effective)...

Whatever you do, don't apply leverage to the headlamp when trying to pry the sidelamp assy out... don't even go there..! :crybaby:

Just for info... the rear lamps fit in a very similar way, but there are two screws retaining them, you can see these if you lift the rear door... remove screws and the whole assy slides backwards out of the aperture...

Hope this helps

Jeff

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links