Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport Compressor!

Nick-Johnson

Typical.............Toyota GB

Lol. Toyota Russia told me they deny knowlege of TRD and TTE. Now that was fun :).

But it was just the manager. I called again and another guy said he knows about them, but the dealer doesn't install their parts and I will loose warranty if I install them myself!

I just asked a company that sells TRD and i got this responce:

TRD will never be making a supercharger for the xrs, too high compression.

Is there any news when the car will be getting launched and any extras etc fitted, should be a contender for your Focus RS and Megane Sport i would think?

Think Toyota should offer the same with the Celica, sure that would sell an all

I am really interested in getting some more details on this car! Lots of question are been asked about when is it arriving & how much is it going to cost!

Nick

hmm looks cool depends on price I might hold off buying a new car until that comes out :thumbsup:

And then I can buy a 4agze'd ae111! lol :P

I be very keen on this car also, I heard along the grapevine approx cost could be around 19-20k to start / next year?? , but you know how the grapevine goes.

:drool:

jjen

I have no news about the CTSSC, but I have some photos of it, I took when I was to Essen Motorshow. When i was there the hood where open !

essen_TSSC4.jpg

essen_TSSC1.jpg

essen_TSSC2.jpg

essen_TSSC3.jpg

Regards, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any release dates as yet chaps, I have got people on the Type-R forum gagging for more infomation!

Nick

There's something I don't understand about this compressor upgrade. I think the compression ratio in the standard 2zz-ge engine is somewhere around 11:1 or 12:1, whereas the compression ratio in a turbo engine like one in the Impreza or Evo is down at around 8:1 or 9:1.

I presume this is because the compressor pushes more mixture into the cylinder and you would get knocking if the compression ratio was any higher.

With the 2zz-ge supercharger, have Toyota fiddled with the engine to reduce the compression ratio? If not, what stops pre-ignition, as I guess the engine is running quite close to the tolerances of 95ron by default. You would struggle to get 100bhp/litre otherwise.

Cheers

Paul.

Quality Pictures, i think the car looks amazing, would have like a look at one when they become availble over here.

Been sad again and done some translation.

222 BHP

Sports Chasis

Infront Brake disk 328mm sport brakes.

Body Reinforcement

Shock Strut

Sport Exhaust System

Tail Apron??

Roof Spoiler

Was getting bit lazy but next bit was interior kits consisting of sport steering wheel etc.

Think these are going to be more in line with the planned new Focus ST and the Cupra R looks like toyota are keeping up.

Think these are going to be more in line with the planned new Focus ST and the Cupra R looks like toyota are keeping up.

Trouble is, what will it cost? You can get a new Impreza WRX (0-60 5.5sec) for £20k in the UK. Wouldn't fancy the Corolla's chances against that if it costs similar money.

Low mileage used Evo 260s are also cheaper. Hope Toyota prices it sensibly.

Is there any information on whether the Corolla has a limited slip diff, or whether TTE/TRD will make one available? I think with that power you'd probably want one.

Cheers

Paul.

what you wanna know.i will go and ask

When will the car be on sale in the UK?

Will it have LSD?

Thanks

Nick

Car looks brillant,having looked at engine i noticed the dipstick is on the right of the engine to make way for the compressor,on current t sports dipstick is on left,does anyone know if the compressor will be released for the current t sport. If it is it could cause problems?

Michael

• 1 month later...

7.2 secs 0-60 :huh: Sorry but is it just me or was anyone else expecting something better than that? :unsure:

7.2 secs 0-60 :huh:  Sorry but is it just me or was anyone else expecting something better than that? :unsure:

hehe :)))))

what did Toyota claim for the CTS's 0-60???

You are correct, 8.4 seconds

What was the actual time? Under 7.4 (if a pro behind the wheel) FOR SURE

now mr Toyota caims 7.2 for the CTSC... all we can do is wait&see!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links