Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Low Rpm Stalling. Help.!

galazis

:ffs: Bought new (1.5 years ago). Had this problem since new. Originally I assumed that was the way the car was meant to be. Now the car has 18 000 KM on the clock.

I noticed, when taking off, there is flat spot usually noticed in second gear or when moving at low speed in traffic with speed under 17-19KM/h (<1000 RPM). Particulalry dangerous if you need to accelaret a bit fast and the car just won't accelelerate.!

Ofcourse torque at that low rpm is expected to rather low, but we are in low gear and shouldn't be a problem.

One day I decided to poor STP fuel cleaner in the tank and for as long as the fuel in the tank lasted, the problem completely disappeared.!!!

BUT, with the next tank full (without the STP) the probelm reappeared.!

I changed fuel brand, hoping that the problem was with the specific fule brand but the problem is the same.

Similar model Yaris I test drove was perfecly OK, in fact I was surpised from the high pull it had in low rpm .!! So, something wrong must be with my car.

Any ideas ????

2nd gear..12mph...under 1000revs..in a 1.0l..

Not being funny, but I dont think i've been below 1k, sure it idles at 500, but driving? No chance..

It's a high revving engine, if im in traffic, 10mph, 2nd gear, 1000revs, plant my foot down, not alot will happen. :(

When in 2nd at low revs, mine doesn't move well at all, and if i put it in 1st, it jumps a bit. I have found a slight trick though, which although probably knackers the car, it seems to work...

When in traffic and ur too fast for 1st, but keep slowing, so 2nd will probably stall it, just keep ur foot on the clutch when in 2nd, and unless you slow down to about 8mph, leave it in 2nd, build some revs, and set off... works fine.

If it's whilst on the move, i.e. you want to pull away suddenly after slowing down, it's either tough !Removed!, or dip the clutch a bit and build revs slightly, then realease clutch and away you go!

Like i say, this is probably a bad thing, but i don't do it very often... usually driving too fast!! :o

What was this fuel cleaner stuff you used? Im interested in a cleaner thingy-ma-bob! Im gonna stick some optimax in and see if that does owt!

"STP Complete fuel system cleaner"

The car was driving perfect with excellent low rpm pull, no flat spot while the above staff was in the tank.

With the next tank full problem slowly started again.

(We use here 95 Octane fuel, and the car is supposed to be tuned for this Octane rating)

But since other 1.0L Yaris I drove did not excibit the problem I still think that there is somethong worng with the car that the distributor's garage denies.

Never drive under 1000 rpms. It'll nacker the engine - its trying to work with hardly anything being pumped around the engine (fuel, etc...). If the car pulls away without problems in 1st I don't see the problem?

with a 1L engine...you have sod all Torque really in the great scheme of things....right accross the rev range.

All Yari's...expeically the 1L are rev happy. She won't appreciate early gear changes.

Contrary to belive changing gear early does not save fuel.. you just end up labouring the engine....burning more fuel and getting nowhere fast.

Just try picking up the speed a little quicker from start off.

The engine cleaner probably did help while you were using it.... sure it does help clean the engine...mainly by making the burn hotter to burn off the carbon residue, by raising the octane level. Having this hotter burn with give you a cleaner burn and more torque at ,lower reves whislt your using it.

Vipes

becuz yur car is always stalling in take off i believe that yur fuel filter is dirty,u will need to buy an nu 1` there only bout £7 try that see if that works....i had that problem in my old car then wen i got a nu feul filter is was like new...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links