Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member with avensis. Please read on..

sjrainsford

Hiya everyone! At last a comunity of Toyota owners. Have recently bought an avensis GS 1.8 and am very pleased with it. Does anyone know of any common problems associated with these that I should be looking for in advance? Would also like to squeez a bit mor power out of it too.

Hello there,

Couldn't agree more, it's great to have this forum.

I've owned an Avensis for 2 and a half years now. When i was looking at buying it people told me about some problems but I've had none and can't even remember what the problems were suppossed to be, as a result of such trouble free motoring myself.

If anyone finds any, it'll be here that it's talked about.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

TAvensis 1.6 Terra AT220l manual transmission, 1998, usage as from beg 2001, now 21.5 th.kms

1st: power relay of central door locking

some time it locks, some time - not.

2nd: high fuel consumption

city- 10.5 l/100km. (calm regime)

highway - 8.2-8.4 l/100km.

as of begging (3 th,kms) I got 12.5-13.5 l/100km.

on 13th thousand kilometers the fuel consumption get lower (8.*)

3rd: long ignition, after 3-7 seconds of idling.

fresh air/fuel/oil filter, fresh sparks (I corrected gap to be 0.9mm on FR7KCW), fresh accumulator.

One time I used 1989 Nissan Praire 2.0 of my friend and found ignition after 1 sec. of idling.

This is all at the mom.

If I'll remember more, will write a little.

Moti

Hello,

First of all, I want to apologize, my english is not so good as it should be.

I'm the happy owner of an Avensis sol 1.6 Oct/99.

I've just known a few problems with this car:

Some shaking from the disk brakes. It's a well known problem from Toyota, they have a procedure to solve it.

Second minor problem: the seat is slowly going down, and I have once a week to give a half turn on the lever of adjustment to keep the original position. Tha car was fairly 3 Years old, and 102.000 Kms. No problem with the garantee.

Such a good car. I just regret that she does not appreciate lateral wind. But I love this car

Hi all,

I've also just purchased an Avensis 1.8 GS (1998). Well I actually haven't got it yet, pick it up Thursday after they sort out a few things with it.

The one thing they have to sort is the steering lock, it's not locking. Anyone else ever come accross this problem?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links