Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Lucida

jic704global

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum so take car me :)

Soon service is due on my Toyota Lucida and my mechanic said that it is best that I should change the timing belt at the same time. What I like to know is, does Toyota Lucida has a Chain or Rubber Timing Belt and do I need to change just the Timing Belt or the whole Timing Kit (with tensioner, etc) needs changing as suggested by my mechanic.

Thank you

The 2·2td engine has a timing belt which should be changed every 100,000Km or 5 years. The UK market vehicle with the nearest equivalent engine is the Toyota Picnic. :)

But my mechanic said that I should change the timing kit aswell as timing belt, the timing kit includes tensioners, etc. Is this correct?

thanks

You really need to ask someone like BuffalloBob who works on these engines all the time. Which Estima Groups and Forums are you a member of? (There are at least 10!!) :wacko:

Not sure whether you should be changing the tensioners aswell. What sort of mileage are you on. My mechanic quoted me £150 to fit a new belt but did not mention changing the tensioners. I am on 100,000km.

That sounds like a good price, Gareth. If he can be reccommended, please do so on the Estima Owners Club Forum. Talk to BuffalloBob about whether to change anything else at the same time.

Yes mate sounded reasonable and a nice bloke he said he would check first incase it has already been changed. Not many places would do that they would change it anyway. I think I put his details up some time ago as I have been a member for a while but not been in for some time. I will try and dig out his details again but he is in Pontypool South Wales.

Good to see you on this site Tetra we need more knowledgable people on here with experience of the previa/estima etc.

I have only had mine about 8 months and my knowledge is very limited.

Buffalo Bob is a wealth of information it would be nice to see him pop in here from time to time.

Welcome to TOC ( i must pop my head in to the Estima Owners Club and catch up a bit)

Welcome to TOC ( i must pop my head in to the Estima Owners Club and catch up a bit)

You will be very welcome, Gareth. What you visited before was probably one of the SmartGroups Estima groups but the brand new T.E.O.C. Forum will be open to the public (non-members) from midnight (gmt) tonight and is a proper forum like this one and totally independent, not linked to any commercial concern. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links