Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cobra Office Seats....

Rookey

Since the recent problems with my MR2, I have decided to take the Cobra daytona's out of my car, and mount them onto some office chair swivel mount things and make 2 computer chairs (might even go as far as attaching some harnasses to the back of them!hehe).

Anyone know where I can buy the swivel mounts from?

Any advice on how to go about it as the chairs are heavy and I would prefer the mount not to snap on me!heh?

What does everyone think of the idea? :lol:

I think you should put the gin back in the cupboard and have a cuppa instead!!!!

Nah sounds a cool idea. Best way to get brackets is to buy some old knackered office seats and just use the bottom off that

I wouldn't have thought the normal brackets from a standard office chair would be able to cope...

And nice try knightrider :D

great idea :D

ive always wanted a Recaro office seat :lol:

best bet would be to buy some cheapish officeseats for 25 quid each or something, a few bits of angle iron and some black paint

basically hack the top of the old seat off, weld the angle on in a cross shape, mount the new seat, weld it on and then paint up the metal with the black paint

pretty easily done as long as you know someone with a welder

Good stuff, I have a mechanic with a mig welder...not sure if its the kind of welder to use as i dont know much about that side of things...

I will have a bit more of a look into it me think and post up pics when done :D

p.s.anyone have a spare set of harnasses that I can use to strap me into the chair so I can surf the internet highway at high speeds? :lol:

you going ahead with it then fella?

I'll look into the harnesses .. yellow yeah?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links