Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Upgrades

therubberhand

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. My 2000 celica gts is gettin beat by all the other imports at the stoplights, what are the essential aftermarket parts to #1, Increase acceleration, #2, more power.

Acceleration is more important to me because of short racing distances, i wont be able to come close to topping out. thanks

increase the boost, just wack it up when u want to give some1 a whoopin! :D ..Prob best to start with K&N + exhaust system?

Prob best to start with K&N
lol...

Or alternatively get a decent induction kit, HKS, Apexi, Blitz etc....

Easiest way to quick gains is as Scooby said toinstall an induction kit and decent exhaust with de-cat pipe (although you'll need to save the CAT and replace it at MOT times or you'll fail the MOT)...

Plenty of chips out there, the Unichip works well with the 3S-GTE engine from my experience although there are a number of alternatives...

There are so many things you can do to the 3S-GTE engine it all depends on what your beudget is and what you want to achieve at the end of the day !

Agree with comments above - Induction and exhaust would be the first two things I'd look at (HKS, Apexi, Blitz etc etc)

Chipping is a good idea, but I would shy away from a unichip and be tempted to go witrh a Greddy E-manage, HKS F-Con or such like (more tuneable long term...)

Loads more you could do, including (but not limited too) - light weight flywheel, uprated everything (internals), NOS, new engine etc etc...

Have I just repeated what Ryan said earlier....??? :blink::lol:

• 9 months later...

hey thubberhand is your gts a manual or stik

if it is a stik im sorry to say this it might just be the skills you lack no offense ment but its sometimes thats the way it is. I go up against cars i know are faster than me at stop lights and i dust them off the start but my gts is auto and i always use my OD so you might just need some practice bro sorry but that might be all to it.

increase the boost, just wack it up when u want to give some1 a whoopin! :D ..Prob best to start with K&N + exhaust system?

Increase the boost??

Is a 2000 GTS a Gen7 Celica - ie the latest model. The one without a turbo?

The 3S-GTE is not fitted to the Latest Celica - the only car Toyota are currently making using the 3S-GTE is the Caldina.

Fit tyres with less sidewall so you get less rolling radius, you get less topend speed but way more acceleration :hokus-pokus:

The reason you get beat is because of the gap b4 lift...

You need to get the best start possible to make the gap to 6k rpm smaller.

All the mod's will help.. If you live in the US which from GTS i think you do. Search on eBay and you can get a CAI (Cold Air Intake) for $30 , then check trials website for a header and use a trd or veliside zorst.

Theres loads of info out there..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links