Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer Jet Lights

jaxx

ok so we all hate what must be one of the most distasteful modifications you can ever do to a car

but this evening i watched it stoop to an all time new low

on my way home, sat waiting at a set of traffic lights a Yaris caught my eye that had somehow managed to totally overshoot the 'stop' line on the floor.

with a smirk on how buses were nearly destroying the front of this car as it overhung the stream of traffic, a vectra then took my attention with a bizzare blue flashing light on the bonnet.... having to take a second look i realised this car was indicating to turn from the junction and in unison with the indicator this small blue light is flashing away!

upon realising that it was actually a washer jet wired to flash with the indicator all me and a friend in the car could do was roll down the window and point and laugh!!!!

:lol:

Rob you scared me then :eek: i thought you'd took a liking

to them :lol::lol:

:eek: I saw a car (I forget what - Mondeo, Chavalier or something...) with ones that flashed and changed colour the other night!

Yours wins though!

A

mate a mine has a car that has them kind of lights on them but also a few on the lower dash board and on the bonnet and it flashes up "eat my dust" its patheticly sad

yeah its embaressing being in the car with him and its even worse cz he claims they are "rockin" he pulled up to some girl one nite beside her, slapped her ast n goes "u wanna eat my dust babe?" she laughed at him n walked off,

We saw a car that did that Rob, but not only did they have lights on the washer jets, but also in the front grill, and on their number plate. Felt like stopping and asking if he knew xmas was over with all those lights on lol :D

There's a vectra up the road from us that has these LED runner strips wired up to his alarm and fitted on the back of his rear-view mirror and on the doors near the door locks. So as the car is sitting there the LED's are lighting up in a multi-coloured Kitt (knightrider series) stylee atracting even more attention to his badly modded car :lol:

I have also seen a couple of cars with blue, green and red neon strips under the bonnet/ behind the grille giving the same Kitt effect. Looks really naff :rolleyes:

Can’t be as bad as having brake lights wired up to your exhaust! That’s right! I was behind some similar type person and when he braked the end of his exhaust lit up with LED’s :eek:

Can’t be as bad as having brake lights wired up to your exhaust! That’s right! I was behind some similar type person and when he braked the end of his exhaust lit up with LED’s  :eek:

I was gonna post that!!!!!

:ffs: :censor: :lol:

Is it just me, but i thought it was against the law to display a blue light on your car unless it was used for emergency services?

And flashing blue light even more so! Im sorry but i thing all cars with these lights and neons are driven by a bunch of merchant bankers!

Is it just me, but i thought it was against the law to display a blue light on your car unless it was used for emergency services?

And flashing blue light even more so! Im sorry but i thing all cars with these lights and neons are driven by a bunch of merchant bankers!

No, it's not just you. It is illegal if it can be seen from outside the vehicle as it could be mistaken for one of the emergency services. So, other colours such as red and green too.

There's a vectra up the road from us that has these LED runner strips wired up to his alarm and fitted on the back of his rear-view mirror and on the doors near the door locks. So as the car is sitting there the LED's are lighting up in a multi-coloured Kitt (knightrider series) stylee atracting even more attention to his badly modded car :lol:

I have also seen a couple of cars with blue, green and red neon strips under the bonnet/ behind the grille giving the same Kitt effect. Looks really naff :rolleyes:

Hey you :crybaby::crybaby:

My red KITT lights look great when there on (RICH HINT HINT) I think it all depends on what car they go on. The Police have seen them and give me the thumbs up. :thumbsup: lol.

Could have been a one off though just caught the copper on a good day :lol:. the on / off switch is by my knee, I must have accidently switched them on. I only use them car show purposes and never when im on a public road officer. lol

Ash B)

oh no!

it gets worse!

last night i saw an astra with some bizzare number plate neon surround thing :eek:

it was wired to the brake lights....

but seemed to totally short the light clusters and solely light itself!!!

oh no!

it gets worse!

last night i saw an astra with some bizzare number plate neon surround thing :eek:

it was wired to the brake lights....

but seemed to totally short the light clusters and solely light itself!!!

Saw something similar not long ago. Dangerous as what! Before you realise that they're actually braking you're almost up their back. I wish people wouldn't mess around with things like brake lights, it's dangerous and stupid!

Hey you :crybaby::crybaby:

My red KITT lights look great when there on (RICH HINT HINT) I think it all depends on what car they go on. The Police have seen them and give me the thumbs up. :thumbsup: lol.

Could have been a one off though just caught the copper on a good day :lol:. the on / off switch is by my knee, I must have accidently switched them on. I only use them car show purposes and never when im on a public road officer. lol

Ash B)

Show purposes are one thing, Ash. But when people drive around with them on permanently... :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links