Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Fast?

crashbang

i think 180 kmph will be around 112 mph

dak you know just how quick these babies go from 0 to 100 , now whos teasing who humm ??

how fast are the gen 5 celicas????

both turbo and non turbo?

with all the cameras round here i havnt had a chance to try me good laydee out.

0-60 in about 8.3 seconds and 137mph for the non-turbo 182 (shows 140 on the clock though :ban: )

turbo ??? - not as fast as my mates CTR

137? thats sounds pretty good. me mate borrowed me car for a week n reckons he hot 145 but hes prob full o *******.

just wonderd cus i thought mine felt slow????

but it cud be just smoother than the 8valve things ive had previously

thanx for the replies :thumbsup:

dents in the floor matts still visible cooki ???? squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze :P

heres a pic my mate took of my st 202 doing 140 according to the clock, it has been delimited and its been converted to mph. just after the pic was taken it just touched 145 doing nearly 8000 revs.

Photo-0072.jpg

the 0-60 as stated earlier is spot on, i timed myself with my stopwatch and got exactly 8.3 seconds

i sence another thread going to be closed. :yes:

about 135 ish on the speedo.maybe more?

its not how fast you go thats pleasing , its the quality of the ride that counts. ;)

that would be 129 mph .

The official Toyota quoted top speed of the ST182 is 137 mph. But manufacturers figures should always be taken with a pinch of salt. Maybe downhill with a tail wind, spare wheel removed and 1/2 gallon of petrol etc, it would be acheivable. I think 125 is a more realistic top speed.

Also, bear in mind that most speedometers are calibrated to read slightly high, by 135 mph it could be reading 10 mph high. Use a gps system (satnav, roadangel etc) to do a simple calibration check on your speedo. I know mine indicates 80mph at 78, even with a wheel and tyre combination of 1" bigger overall diameter than standard.

the 8.3 seconds quoted wasnt for an ST202. The reason you only got 8.3 seconds was because of your driving skills or lack off... ;)To be fair toyota states something like 7.3 for the st202 but as with all manufacturer stats they are VERY hard to acheive if not impossible unless of course your car is 4WD then its dead easy :D

8000 REVS?

The limiter is at 7,250 as standard. What revs was your 195BHP at?

137MPH in the st202 at about 7,000revs in fifth so a little maths shows that at 8,000 revs you should be at 156MPH :huh:

not a lack of driving skills, its due to the half ton sound system i just put in and i had a lardy mate with me lol. it was doing about 7.5 k just about touching the limiter. the 195 bhp was recorded at 7.2k. to be fair, the guy who did the rolling road readout said that he thought my rev needle was out by about a hundred or 2 revs. was showing a little more then what the engine was running at he reckoned. has anyone else had this suspicion?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links