Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eeeek Eeek Eeek Eeek Eeek

soupdragon4

Ok ok, so i have a T-Sport (2001, 65000m) i do a few miles a week!

The front disks were replaced under warranty before i bought the car 2nd hand (38k miles for £8k). So for i love driving this little nut case, very enjoyable fun, if not the quickest on the planet.

I has a noise from the rear which turned out to be the dirt shields behind the rear disks - replaced under warranty, RESULT.

Now i have started to hear an eek eek eek from the near side when driving along, it doesn't change whether i'm using the brakes or not. There is a mucky mark around the outer edge of the rean n/s disc but it doesnt look like it's being scored at all.

So is it the front muck guards now?

Is it the rear disc?

Is it a mouse running around the inside of one of the n/s wheels?

So after being quoted £260 to replace the rear discs and pads at my local Toyota dealership, i was understandably not impressed with pricing of spares! Could it be they're paying for the refurbishment of their showroom by hitting us on work prices?

So if i do eventually need to replace the rear discs, is there an alternative to Toyota? Considering it cost me less than half that to replace both vented discs on the front of my VW Bora 2.0SE (previous car - heap of crap)

I've looked around the usual suspects, but none quote for the Yaris T Sport, apart from EBC, but they only list the front discs!

Hiya,

Recently I kept getting a very annoying and long squeak (that was loud too) from my front driverside wheel so I took her back to Toyota...they sorted it and said the brake was slightly "binding" against the wheel..they cleaned it and readjusted it and it's been fine ever since.

BTW mine was sorted under warranty as she isn't even a year old yet.

try doing some hard braking while going in reverse. it might sought it out. Obviously do it in a safe location

i sometimes get a really strange clunk when i reverse and brake fairly sharply. also sounds like my brakes are scraping too when i first start car and brake, but then seem okay later on?? any idea's?

i sometimes get a really strange clunk when i reverse and brake fairly sharply. also sounds like my brakes are scraping too when i first start car and brake, but then seem okay later on?? any idea's?

mine used to clunk at times. took it to mr t's the other week and they had a look and they said they just cleaned all the brakes and now it doesnt to it

I get that too just after starting the car and im just a few hundred metres down the road and when i pull the brakes for the first time squeakkkkkkk...but after a while it goes away

The squeek/clunk when you first set off or over first couple of braking sessions is just because moisture was on your brakes, which turns to rust very quickly and the first couple of brakes is this rust being erroded away. Then all is gone and all is well! (or it should be... if not, you have the problem that i did... get it fixed!)

:blink:

The noise is there when the wheels are rotating, but disappears when i brake, looks like an expensive set of rear discs for me with pads. Can't really omplain as they've done so many miles and lasted twice as long as the original front discs.

BTW, the fronts were replaced BEFORE i bought the car - so it's not my driving, ..... honest guv!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links