Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Is Kaput!

YarisAsh

Well its finally packed up! After posting that last message about hitting the rubber weight my exhaust has gone from bad 2 worse!! Driving home yesterday i lost all power ans crept home at 20 mph (with my foot to the floor in 2nd) gonna cost me a pretty penny to fix! Mental note to self:- dont run over things! Ash

Im gutted also! ive gotta go 2 work on me bike!! The problem (i am lead to believe) is my CAT, its shattered inside and is blocking the pipe completely, i wen to it this morning after not starting it for 2 days and it wouldnt start! just made wirring noises, :wacko: i will tell u exactly how much it costs when i get my garage man on it next week, in the mean time i have to use my dads mini cooper (new 1) for distance trips, it aint half as fun as my Yaris i can tell ya! Ash :(

De-Cat! De-Cat! De-Cat! De-Cat!

Ozone layer! Ozone layer! Ozone layer! Ozone layer!

Who cares! Who cares! Who cares! Who cares!

We'll be dead by the time it makes a difference anyway, how selfish of me! :rolleyes:

The car was a sorry sight putting it on the back of the tow truck, or should i say winched because it wouldnt start! all should be well in a few days time tho..... i thought about de-catting, wasnt sure bout MOT's and such so im just gonna put it back to the way it was, I was going to use the money i poured into my exhaust to buy a 8'' monitor and a slimline PS2, thats gonna have to wait a bit tho! Ash

I work in the motor trade as an exhaust fiiter & id recommend that u contact C.E.S. they are based in Chester. Give them a fone with ur reg number & chassis number ready & they will sort it out for u over the fone. The part can be delivered to your door. U just have 2 find some1 to fit it. but it will cost u less than half the price to do it that way

cheers ross, i will do that if my garage man quotes me too much, failing that i will go out in my ninja gear and a spanner and steal someone elses! either way works for me! ill let u know if i get it sorted and at what cost so u can have a giggle!! ash

By the way ross, Does the lack of power and rough running sound like symptoms of a broken CAT? it literally does 20mph max and doesnt like starting up?? ash

By the way ross, Does the lack of power and rough running sound like symptoms of a broken CAT? it literally does 20mph max and doesnt like starting up?? ash

If the CAT has collapsed inside then YES it will be the cause of power loss. If the inside is loose it will move about & block the forced fumes from being pushed to the rear of the system.

I dont want to worry u to much but on a carburated engine this can cause a fire in the engine bay by the petrol getting to hot with the fumes travelling back into the engine. This shouldnt happen with a fuel injected engine.

Heres the web page & contact numbers for u

http://www.cesuk.com/Chester%20Exhausts%20Location.htm

Got the exhaust sorted people! £410 in total including parts and labour. good price i feel, considering the main dealer quote. ash

I just went fot the replacement system, i already had a 5" Powerflow back box on that had 2 be rewelded, on the upside ive just got a TTE spoiler that will get fitted nxt week wen i have time, just looking at it it just looks like allen keys that are on clips, does anybody know if this is how its supposed to go on?? ash

yep i can tell you about TTE spoiler,

its fixed on by the steel clips and the alan key bolts and there is

double sided sticky tape to hold the sides to window.

no drilling needed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links