Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise

MrWinkey

The rattle could be your boot lock... spray some WD40 or wad some grease around the lock and see if it's any better. Also... try fastening the seat belts when not in use... they sometimes vibrate against the plastic in the car!  :thumbsup:

It sounds more likely that it's the latter, given the direction the squeak's coming from! I shall investigate after work ... cheers! :thumbsup:

I started that thread and it was a real problem and not because I don't know where the clutch is!  :rolleyes: Having said that, it was repaired under warranty in about three hours and is now beautiful!

For a newbie who hasn't seen/found that thread, can you explain the problem you had? I've already had quite a few occasions where I haven't floored the clutch as much as I should've and have ground my gears :blink: I also find reverse hard to engage! Is the clutch thing defo something I can call on the warranty for?

Also, with regard to rattles... I have a rather annoying one that seems to come from the passenger-side in the rear of the car... <_<

Tried to reply to this 12 hours ago but wanadoo broadband died on me. At my Mum's at moment sending this by bluetooth connection.

What Seveer said as far as reverse goes. Bit awkward at times but you get used to it. As for rattles, go see Mr T (your dealer) as you have a three year (count 'em) warranty. Cool, eh?

I think you'll get used to the gear change as you familiarise yourself with your new car. I'm sure you don't have the problem I had on my three year old car but here's the thread you were looking for...

clicky!

Oh and after a lot of deliberating, just to prove how great I think the Yaris is...

I'm about 14 hours from buying a brand new one! :yes:

Ooh what you gonna get Al?

One of the new Colour Collection Yarii.

1.3 litre, five door, Thunder Grey (yes, that's right, no longer exclusive to the T-sport), 14" alloys, fancy dark grey/red interior, scuff plates, cd, chrome and leather interior bits, carbon effect interior bits, chrome exhaust trim, air con and a roof spoiler.

It's a toy(ota) T-sport wannabe! :yes:

They reckon delivery will be a couple of weeks or less but they can hang on to it til March 1st so I can get an 05 plate :thumbsup:

Sounds great  :thumbsup:

Cheers. There will be pictures posted shortly after I receive it. Oh yes! :yes:

And it had better not rattle! (sad, guilty attempt at getting this thread back on topic after I inadvertently hijacked it). :thumbsup:

I also find reverse hard to engage! Is the clutch thing defo something I can call on the warranty for?

Regarding the selection of reverse gear, it’s a Toyota design. It’s to stop you from accidentally selecting reverse when moving forward.

The correct procedure for getting reverse is to release the clutch for 2 seconds, reapply the clutch and then it will slide into reverse without any problems.

Hope this helps...

:thumbsup:

1.3 litre, five door, Thunder Grey (yes, that's right, no longer exclusive to the T-sport), 14" alloys, fancy dark grey/red interior, scuff plates, cd, chrome and leather interior bits, carbon effect interior bits, chrome exhaust trim, air con and a roof spoiler.

It's a toy(ota) T-sport wannabe!  :yes:

Oooh a bit like my Blue except without the air con and spoiler ;) :thumbsup: :D

After I mentioned the rattle yesterday it didn't do it on the way home from work! :blink:

And as for the gear-grinding I'll just learn to be more careful! :rolleyes:

Ahhh yes - I heard about them on the radio - it doesnt say anything about the gear you get though!

I hate radio ads! :D

Excellent choice btw - although your car is so gorgeous - its such a shame to say goodbye.....

About noises.....generally its a quiet little car but I have had one annoying noise which started 2 months after I bought it new...from the rear passenger side....read all the relevant posts here about it coming from the brake light or the boot catch or the belts but nothing helped.

Anyway...turns out it was from where the rear seats attach to the floor....bit of spray on grease to all the metal bits and perfect.....no noise at all.

Over 70 mph, because the cars not perfectly sound sealed you will hear some noise but thats what your stereo comes in!

Anyway...turns out it was from where the rear seats attach to the floor....bit of spray on grease to all the metal bits and perfect.....no noise at all.
That sounds more like the kind of noise mine's making, and from the same place! I'll get my WD40 out ;) :thumbsup:

I also find reverse hard to engage! Is the clutch thing defo something I can call on the warranty for?

Regarding the selection of reverse gear, it’s a Toyota design. It’s to stop you from accidentally selecting reverse when moving forward.

The correct procedure for getting reverse is to release the clutch for 2 seconds, reapply the clutch and then it will slide into reverse without any problems.

Hope this helps...

Its a great feature, purely because the Yaris doesn't have a collar to get into the reverse gate, it got me a few times before i actually read up on it, now it slips in like a dream! ;)

Nice one TVOR

The way i see it though, every car's going to have its little Niggles, but the Yaris i've found to have the least out of all the 8 cars i've had, road noise... Who cares??? I'ts not like its offensive, and its easily fixed with the use of a radio! B)

Ahhh yes - I heard about them on the radio - it doesnt say anything about the gear you get though!

I hate radio ads! :D

Excellent choice btw - although your car is so gorgeous - its such a shame to say goodbye.....

Aww, thank you, Em. Yes, I love my present car but it's depreciating so now is the time for a change and I got a great deal on this new one. Laura G, you're right. It is based on the Yaris Blue range in which they're dropping the "Blue" name so they can add a few more colours! :yes:

March 1st is hopefully "ANY day" (Al's New Yaris Day!) so it will get its 05 plate. Quite appropriate. It's also St. David's day.

Must admit I was tempted with the new colour collection too! They're also offering 0% finance at the mo which is also a good thing! :D

Sorry to disrupt the flow of happy exclamations of how great yaris is.

Noise - I would not call yaris a very noisy car, but i've been in other cars and yaris doesnot compare good.

Over 90 km/h I'd call the engine sound excessive, and after 120 km/h you have to almost shout. Yeah, ok, radio/cd volume up helps.

Gas pedal vibrates: at 4th gear at 85-90 km/h and at 5th between 110-120 km/h range.

Ventilator at 4th speed feels like you sit next to a jet plane, propelling it's engines. Also, depending on where the air is directed (window, feet or face) there is a noise as if a sheet of paper waves in the wind.

Ah, and if you leave a can of windscreen spray in the trunk it will roll there and bang every time you brake/accelerate :D

Said all that, I still find my yaris the best option out there :) . The above problems are real, but minor, if you look at: how cool it feels, how well it drives and how reliable it is.

Its a great feature, purely because the Yaris doesn't have a collar to get into the reverse gate, it got me a few times before i actually read up on it, now it slips in like a dream!  ;)

Nice one TVOR

Sorry to disrupt the flow of happy exclamations of how great yaris is.

Noise - I would not call yaris a very noisy car, but i've been in other cars and yaris doesnot compare good.

Over 90 km/h I'd call the engine sound excessive, and after 120 km/h you have to almost shout. Yeah, ok, radio/cd volume up helps.

Gas pedal vibrates: at 4th gear at 85-90 km/h and at 5th between 110-120 km/h range.

Ventilator at 4th speed feels like you sit next to a jet plane, propelling it's engines. Also, depending on where the air is directed (window, feet or face) there is a noise as if a sheet of paper waves in the wind.

Ah, and if you leave a can of windscreen spray in the trunk it will roll there and bang every time you brake/accelerate :D

Said all that, I still find my yaris the best option out there :) . The above problems are real, but minor, if you look at: how cool it feels, how well it drives and how reliable it is.

Erm.... if your pedal's vibrating... it shouldn't... mine certainly doesn't.

If there is a funny noise from vents... get that checked too, as i have no such thing either.

Also, if you think the ventilator is loud... trying attemting to speak in a Corsa/Matiz/Fusion/Fiesta/Picasso etc etc... they are all car's iv been in which are hideously loud!

Finally... don't leave anything in the boot! De-icer fits nicely in the auxilliary glove box! Mine does anyway!

Having said all that... glad you still like your car!! :thumbsup:

Erm.... if your pedal's vibrating... it shouldn't... mine certainly doesn't.

If there is a funny noise from vents... get that checked too, as i have no such thing either.

Also, if you think the ventilator is loud... trying attemting to speak in a Corsa/Matiz/Fusion/Fiesta/Picasso etc etc... they are all car's iv been in which are hideously loud!

Finally... don't leave anything in the boot! De-icer fits nicely in the auxilliary glove box! Mine does anyway!

Having said all that... glad you still like your car!!  :thumbsup:

Well said seveer!

I don't get any pedal vibrations - Go and see Mr T immediatley because it really shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links