Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - Tsport - Fuel Computer ?

nam

Hi,

Does the T-sport have a function to let you know how many miles are left before the fuel tank empties, i can't seem to find it ?

Cheers

On this note, my Yaris seems to have a discrepancy between the "miles left" and the fuel gauge. When I fill the tank as full as it would go, it says I have about 320 miles left (is that all, I always think!). This value seems to drop faster than the fuel gauge does! :blink:

Then the other day, as I left work, I decided to top up the tank at the garage near home (about 20 miles from work)... I had two bars left on the fuel gauge. At this point I wasn't monitoring the "miles left" value. When I got to the garage I selected the "miles left" display I had zero miles left and the fuel gauge had dropped to zero bars!

Previously I've just 9 miles left and yet 3 bars on the fuel gauge! Anyone else notice a discrepancy? And which one is the more reliable? :help:

EDIT: might the "miles left" value be based on the "average mpg" value?

I tried to use this function in Titch's Blue when I was taking down to her. Having done a mile or 2 in 1.0s I know the sort of mileage you should get from a tank depending on your speed.

The thank was so pessimistic that after a couple of hundred miles I turned it off and relied on the "Trip A" and fuel gauge guestimate I normally use (boy am I sad... :rolleyes: )

TBH I would ignore it, and when a gadget freak like me says that then the function really can't be worth the hassle...

Cheers,

Alan

PS Yes, I think it is, but only over a determined previous distance....

On this note, my Yaris seems to have a discrepancy between the "miles left" and the fuel gauge. When I fill the tank as full as it would go, it says I have about 320 miles left (is that all, I always think!). This value seems to drop faster than the fuel gauge does!  :blink:

Then the other day, as I left work, I decided to top up the tank at the garage near home (about 20 miles from work)... I had two bars left on the fuel gauge. At this point I wasn't monitoring the "miles left" value. When I got to the garage I selected the "miles left" display I had zero miles left and the fuel gauge had dropped to zero bars!

Previously I've just 9 miles left and yet 3 bars on the fuel gauge! Anyone else notice a discrepancy? And which one is the more reliable?  :help:

EDIT: might the "miles left" value be based on the "average mpg" value?

I have had a smiliar problem with my T-Spirit, which I bought new in December, on the first tank of fuel it was showing over half a tank but something like 60 miles left, which is wrong as I owned another T-Spirit previously and I know a full tank is approx 330 miles.

I think it sorts itself out over time though, now I tend to rely more on the fuel guage than the miles left value - its like now I have 2 bars off a full tank but the computer claims I only have 120 miles left, which would be less than half a tank - its only on its second batch of fuel though, I'm gonna give it time to sort itself out and if it doesnt I shall be taking it back to Mr T to be checked over!

I’ve noticed that if you go on a long run the miles left increases. It seems to ‘average’ the miles to the type of driving you do i.e. short journeys or long motorway stretches.

You can reset the computer at any time just by pressing and holding until it beeps.

I think it’s OK for an estimate, saying that, after a couple of tank fill’s I have had it down to 0 miles left with the flashing low fuel signal so I think that is accurate as it can be.

I owned another T-Spirit previously and I know a full tank is approx 330 miles.

I need to start driving slower! I get 300miles to a tank! (when im lucky!!)

Which actual button do i press to Set the miles left in tank ?

Cheers

I’ve noticed that if you go on a long run the miles left increases. It seems to ‘average’ the miles to the type of driving you do i.e. short journeys or long motorway stretches.

You can reset the computer at any time just by pressing and holding until it beeps.

I think it’s OK for an estimate, saying that, after a couple of tank fill’s I have had it down to 0 miles left with the flashing low fuel signal so I think that is accurate as it can be.

Press the TRIP button and scroll through until you see the display you want :)

ta,

currently T-sport is saying 37.8 MPG, with 2 bars left on fuel tank to Empty. The miles left display is 53 miles ,

Press the TRIP button and scroll through until you see the display you want :)

currently T-sport is saying 37.8 MPG

That's exactly what mine says! :lol:

with 2 bars left on fuel tank to Empty. The miles left display is 53 miles

Assuming 8 bars = full tank, then you would get 212 miles from full. Assuming a full tank gives 350 miles (which most people seem to report) then on two bars there should be about 88 miles left.

Which is right? <_<

Well i get about 330 - 350 miles out of my 1.3, but the fuel guage's are quite inaccurate because they are converted from analogue to digital, theres a bit of lag in it at times! (just like the tachometer!)

Well i get about 330 - 350 miles out of my 1.3, but the fuel guage's are quite inaccurate because they are converted from analogue to digital, theres a bit of lag in it at times! (just like the tachometer!)

Dude, you gotta start using the right pedal!! :D

Assuming 8 bars = full tank, then you would get 212 miles from full. Assuming a full tank gives 350 miles (which most people seem to report) then on two bars there should be about 88 miles left.

Which is right?  <_<

Depends how you drive. Stop start, motorway, short trip, long trip etc...

Which is right?  <_<

Depends how you drive. Stop start, motorway, short trip, long trip etc...

Oh of course... I always preferred simple algebra and avoid calculus like the plague ;) :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links