Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supaguard

rankinraj

A Toyota salesman tried to sell me this. It's some sort of coating for the paintwork

which protects it, and means you don't have to polish it for 3 years. It also includes fabric protection, and costs £295. Does anyone have it, is it worth it?

No, i turned it down, tried to sale it to me aswell, im happy with my own cleaning products and couldnt justify forking out that kinda cash when ive never had the need for such kit before

A Toyota salesman tried to sell me this. It's some sort of coating for the paintwork

which protects it, and means you don't have to polish it for 3 years. It also includes fabric protection, and costs £295. Does anyone have it, is it worth it?

£295 buys you a lot of cleaning materials and polish!

I was offered it and turned it down....The car comes to you nice and shiney to start with (or at least it should)

It doesn't mean that you don't have to polish the car for 3 years. :(

We keep our Yarii's clean on this forum.......and that means regular cleaning and polishing :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

We keep our Yarii's clean on this forum.......and that means regular cleaning and polishing thumbsup.gif group.gif

Do we? Oops... :bye:

Its that plastic film, isn't it? It does seem a bit unnecessary unless you're always on loose, rough roads and stuff. If it gets a scratch or scuff it will be more obvious and harder to sort than the stock paint. Its £11 (I think) for the touch-up kit (paint & lacquer) from Mr T which should sort out your stone chips in an afternoon every 6 months or so.

Hope that helps,

Alan

We keep our Yarii's clean on this forum.......and that means regular cleaning and polishing thumbsup.gif group.gif

Do we? Oops... :bye:

Its that plastic film, isn't it? It does seem a bit unnecessary unless you're always on loose, rough roads and stuff. If it gets a scratch or scuff it will be more obvious and harder to sort than the stock paint. Its £11 (I think) for the touch-up kit (paint & lacquer) from Mr T which should sort out your stone chips in an afternoon every 6 months or so.

Hope that helps,

Alan

Hello Alan,

Superguard is a preparation that MrT puts all over the car (like a polish) and treats your seats with (like scotchguard on carpets).

It is an overpriced unnecessary treatment if, like most of us, you love and look after your Yaris :thumbsup:

Cheers, Red/Blue - I got it confused with the plastic film stuff :rolleyes: - thanks for the correction :thumbsup:

A

I wasnt even offered it with mine :blink:

Oh well I wouldnt have it anyway - my Dads got it on his Fiesta (which he got new in March 2003) and apart from the stickers in the window I wouldnt know it was supaguarded!

Ok. 1st of all at £295 quid just to buy it, it's a complete rip off, would be about right IF they were applying for you too.

2nd . Most new cars are treated with some sort of paint sealant from new.. it's what gives them that "showroom shine".

If you want this sort of product, but don't want to pay a mortgage to get it try looking here diamondbrite

This product can be bought on E-bay.. click here .. it's not expensive and seemingly it works.

I know someone who uses this on his cars and everyone of them is gleaming... might be worth a look.

ive had both my yaris superguarded inside and out. cant say i paid £295 for it to be done tho, but is great on the interior in particular! :)

Im sure that the stuff will keep your car nice and shiny for a while....but 3 years of no polishing??

£295 buys you loads of wash n wax and all sorts of other goodies.....and it encourages you to pull your finger out and clean the car every couple of weeks to keep it shiny.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links