Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Full Beam

vmail

does anyone know if the full beam of the headlight (left and right) are on the same circuit or are they separate.

cheers, where the best place without going under the hood to access these cables, ie from the dash also what colour will the wires be

Nothing to be had from there, the combination switch only triggers the relays for lo-beam and hi-beam, the separation between left-hand and right-hand happens in the junction block.

If you want something done then in the relay box under the hood check for the fuses marked "H-LP LH", black wire with red stripe, and "H-LP RH", black wire and go from there.

Wire colours are from memory, fuse locations are on the lid anyways.

Yves.

can I use any cable, if not then what gauge should I use?

I would like to swich on the full beam one at a time, controlled by a pic, the pic will cut off the main supply and add its own supply on a timer.

I would like to swich on the full beam one at a time, controlled by a pic, the pic will cut off the main supply and add its own supply on a timer.

I think that you will find doing that is against Construction and Use regulations for on road use.

But of course you would not use it on the road ....would you? ;)

Why don't you do it at the headlamps themselves then, the circuits feed both lo-beam and hi-beam, so if you take down the hi-beam at one side you will take down lo-beam with it (unless you have DRL's from factory which I doubt).

It's Black with White stripe wire for the lo-beams and Black with Yellow stripe wire for the hi-beams.

Yves.

I wont be touching the lo-beam

I will take the signal of the sidelights to check if they have been left on

Will I need a diode if I supply power to one of the lights but not to the other one

What good will taking the signal from the sidelights do? They are switched from the taillights, nothing to do with lo- or hi-beams.

Rewire them rather than to complicate things for yourself.

Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links