Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Think I Broke Jims Gearbox...

ricomr2

Just sitting in slow traffic on the motorway (60mph) when the car started to slow down...

I had the music on so didnt notice straight away that it was just reving rather than moving!

Ok, i thought, must have jumped out of gear? but no such luck... lost drive in fith completely :censor:

All other gears are working but when going thru the gears can hear noises which can only be described as

bits of metal bouncing about in the box....

New box on the cards??

Not looking good anyway... :(

Just sitting in slow traffic on the motorway (60mph) when the car started to slow down...

I had the music on so didnt notice straight away that it was just reving rather than moving!

Ok, i thought, must have jumped out of gear?  but no such luck... lost drive in fith completely :censor: 

All other gears are working but when going thru the gears can hear noises which can only be described as

New box on the cards??

Ouch :eek:

Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you get things sorted soon. :thumbsup:

Ok, i thought, must have jumped out of gear?  but no such luck... lost drive in fith completely :censor: 

New box on the cards??

Bet Jim's happy then! :crybaby:

Joe

thats not good :(

i hate gearboxes, ive destroyed 2 in the past 3 months too, and my present one isnt sounding to clever. :blink:

I'm about as happy as this >>>> :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :crybaby:

From now on ... nobody drives my car but me!! ... :(

Hopefully Rico will get something sorted. Surely they shouldn't go at less then £60K miles!

Not been out in the car myself yet... but I'll have a drive tomorrow.

Where can you all get Gearboxes from ?? Noticed fensport and Rogue... both £300 for a non LSD box.

I have Kaaz LSD fitted with shafts etc, should I go for an LSD box ?? How would this work ?? A simple plop it in job, or stick with the normal Tubby box??

I'm still :crybaby: ......... lol

What's probably gone in the box anyway ?? Possible to simply get that bit fixed? Or more sense to get another box altogether?

oooo lsd gearbox.... that aint gonna be too easy to come across. im having trouble finding an lsd driveshaft and gearboxes are even more rare

don't need an lsd box, like I said I had a normal box in the car.

Gearbox defo frigged. 5th gear does nowt. Every other gear makes a weird clattery clank type noise when driving. Car is deed... :(

Jim are you making Rico pay for it??

with the baby on the way and all that.. :P :P

Their is a placedown here that brakes them but the cost to send upthere

will be a mint :angry:

Edited by Christine & Paul

eh ?? .... I've had a few phone calls from places etc. Alot cheaper than that too!!

As for the mod thing.. will hopefully be resolved soon.

Just phoned them.. :censor:  :censor:

HOPE YOU ARE SAT DOWN  :crybaby:

£425 + VAT.

hmm.. very expensive 'ehh..

Jim,

Take a look on the for sale section on IMOC. I think there's a guy breaking a tubby. I'm sure he has a box for sale mate.

submitted my phone no to a website breakers place.. had loads of places phone me up... lol. Getting cheaper too .... best price so far was £200.

submitted my phone no to a website breakers place.. had loads of places phone me up... lol. Getting cheaper too .... best price so far was £200.

Any warranty on it??

The problem with cheapies is they *may* be in 99% of the condition of the old one ..

I had to make sure that I got a reasonable one from someone I trust.

Mine cost £300 + vat and £30 delivery ..

My Gbox was fine though mate until this happened. No problems with it at all. No gear selection issues or anything.....

So basically you don't know what you get unless it's a reconned unit.

Any warranty on it??

3months

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links