Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nos

earpl

considering getting a 25bhp wet shot system for the yts. idea is cheeper than SC, getting fed up with the SC project :( and it wouldnt put as much strain on the engine as it wouldnt be on the go all the time.

but does anyone know where you get refills and how much??

I think refills are around £40 a bottle...

I know TDi do them, and most companies that sell the installs will...

and this is an ongoing discussion on LOC - because yes, you use NOS less often than a SC, but NOS itself puts much more strain on the engine than a SC.. so which does more damage? who knows..

As for the cost, weighing it up really comes down to how often will you use the Nitrous? and once your used to the power, will you end up buying a charger anyway as the Nitrous fails to satisfy..

Its the refils I wouldn't like to do. Like a second petrol tank.

Thats the thing I like about Turbos, only kick in when needed, ie. dual carrageways and theirfore keeps fuel consumption better.

A supercharger operates all the time, at various power outputs in proportion to the engine output.

Does NOS have to be "button" operated? Or can it be setup kind of like a turbo, so it kicks in at certain revs?

u can get it on a throttle position sensor so when ur foot is flat to floor it will activate on most standard kits

howver if u get a controller form someone like ny-trex then u can say when how much what revs basically any parameteres u want but the kit will set u back £1k however it is wired into practically everything so ther eis littl echance of blowing ur lump up as it has auto cut off

yu'l get nos and then want the constant want for that speed whenever you want, then you will seek for a supercharger, so may as well just get a charger

Professional Nitrous installs are not 'F&F button on the wheel', they are controlled by Master on switch, which arms the system, and as Crisis mentioned, it is activated by throttle position..

Of course, with the F&F i wouldnt be surprised if you get those type of installs, but you dont really want one like that..

Have you compared the insurance hikes for the NOS vs Charger?

well, you will find insurance companies will load your excess for NOS - and more than likely, expect a big hike for the install...

(oh, and the 'show use' doesnt wash - if its install and functional (whether or not a bottle is connected) the insurance company will state you have to declare it)

might just put all the kit in bar bottles, + dissconnect in whilst on road. just leaving the piping ect bettween the engine and bottles but not connected to either.

My old Track Day car has Nos

31d12baa.jpg

(I think the sticker gives it away. :D)

But that is a blueprint engine with all the gadgets needed to handle the extra power, including lowering the compresion.

Basically dont consider it on a standard engine.

But if you want to ignore that warning let me tell you what you need.

First you want it to be direct port and not wet.

Try wizard of Nos they are good systems and dont let you buy bigger jets untill you've uprated the engine.

You would be best getting a controller also; they start at about £150 for an OK one.

You can have a button on the steering wheel aslong as it is connected directly to the control module.

Refills are £25 if you know where to go ;)

As for insurance; It's not road legal so how can they boost up the price :blink:

Basically dont arm the system on the road and the police cant touch you.

anymore questions?

basically it frezzes the engine, and then when it's disarmed heat gets back in there.

even though 25bhp is very lame; overtime (a longer period I must admit) It will knacker your engine. (wear and tear)

Also it's not as simple as just giving you 25bhp, you still need the extra fuel and your timming goes out of adjustment. a high priced controller can sort those problems out though.

Its a serious thought isn't it? I've decided to wait until I hit say 90k then go for a rebuild and something serious - supercharger, turbo or NOS etc...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links