Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light On Dash

yaris-on-18's

right i recently put a k&n filter on and now theres a light on the dash an orange one that looks like an engine. poss engine managment light. i still have the airbox and the air flow sensor and all on the car as this happed b4 when i took it off. anyone any ideas why its on what it means and how i can get rid of it??

and no im not just gonna take the bulb OR FUSE out. :help:

Yeah your AFM will be caked in oil! I got that with my pipercross but I got the AFM replaced under warranty, obviously after putting the original airbox back on etc! :thumbsup:

Yeah your AFM will be caked in oil! I got that with my pipercross but I got the AFM replaced under warranty, obviously after putting the original airbox back on etc! :thumbsup:

Could be that.. but hes using a K&N FILTER??

shouldnt be any oil on that...

right is the maf sensor the thingy on the side of airbox that u plug wire connector into? if i reset the ecu will it notice the changes made with filter and exhausts and correct the mixture?

Yes mate that is the AFM and I still think the engine check light will be on after you reset it!

And ALL K&N filters are of the wet variety! :thumbsup:

It’s your car rebelling against you! Its saying...

“Please take this body kit off me NOW! I can’t breath”

;)

You gotta clean the MAF sensor. It's better to get it sorted, because it might not be the filter (although it probably will be), and may be something else wrong with the motor somewhere

so how do i get rid of the engine check light? is it important or can i just drive about with it on?

Clean the sensor..

I personally wouldn't drive about with it on, because if were to come on due to a more serious matter.. It would allready be on, therefore you wouldn't know - potential *bang* :huh:

wont do any damage drivng with it on, but like metioned about you wont know if any new problems occure.

99.9% chance all will be fine though, these cars are very tough, keep an ear out for stange noises and keep the oil & coolant topped up regular servincing and all will be fine :thumbsup:

K&N only do a panel filter for the Yaris to my knowledge

no its a cone filter its supposed to be for a subaru impreza but their all the same really.

What is the MAF sensor?

Where is it?

How do you guiys know about this engine, as there are no manuals for it?

Welcome to the TOC...

The font of all knowledge regarding the Yaris...

:thumbsup:

That's the beauty of TOC!

The point is that the EMU Warning light warns you of a plethora of things that could be potentially wrong with the car, so driving with it lit isn't something i'd do. Clean your MAF sensor and see... But i'd like to know that the light will be there to warn me of something else that may be potentialy more damaging to my beloved engine! - Hence why i would't drive around with it on... Because you would never know if, god forbid, something else was to go on the fritz!

You wouldn't drive round with your ABS warning light on all the time would you???

The point is that the EMU Warning light warns you

:eek: Great i've got a light to warn me of EMUs :lol::lol::lol:

dont want them pecking you while your driving :o :lol:

The point is that the EMU Warning light warns you

:eek: Great i've got a light to warn me of EMUs :lol::lol::lol:

dont want them pecking you while your driving :o :lol:

!Removed! viscious - haven't you seen 'Dude Where's My Car'? :o

As Funny as i found the EMU joke (and i did find it funny, getting some very harsh looks from GF, as i am disturbing her episode of "desperate houswives"), no one has told me either, what the MAF sensor is or how you all have this kind of knowledge?

I have heard of a MAP sensor, but not a MAF sensor.

AS there are so many sensors sensing the air temp and fuel air mix etc, how come they dont all mess the system up when you put on an induction kit?

As you can tell, i havent put one on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links