Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rubber Fetish

MrWinkey

Funny you say the tyres are only ok in the wet, as i have read so many reviews on the tyres and everone says they excel in the wet.

Well being summer tyres i guess they are quite good in the wet ... but i still think you can do a bit better. Give the Toyo's a try .. they are meant to be quite good in wet and dry and they are quite cheap aswell.

They certainly are.

before i knkew all the differences between the various models, i saw a few suspect alloys and though, "Why the hell would anyone take the standard ones off the car, they look amazing". But then i realised not all Yaris wheels are equal. he he. Nice piece of kit.

OUr SR seesm really low, i wonder if the person who had it before we did has lowered it. They had a private plate on it, so they may have been inot playing with the car. (not sure how i draw that conclusion, but its late)

Is there anyway of making the car respond better under 3k revs. Every post i read about induction kits says they get better power about 3k, which we have amazing power above and vitually nothing below?

Hard to say if the guy that had it before you has lowered it even more or not. Best thing is to post some nice piccies up for everyone to look at .. either that or you can have a look at the rear springs (as they are easier to see) and see if they have the TTE logo on them, which mine do. If they do then you'd know that they have the original springs on them.

As for more power below 3k revs .. there isnt too much you can do really, cos its just how the engine works. It saves fuel in lower revs and gives you a more power at around 3k when the vvt-i kicks in.

Personally i really like it this way, and dont really have problems with pulling away quickly etc .. which is the most important thing. :thumbsup:

floor it in secound gear :D , puts a grin on your face :D

it does on mine, but thats becuase the exhuast goes soooooo loud as wel :D :Dsh

you can get 40 on 15s, but that is really stupid profile, 45 is what i would go for...

i have 40 on my 16" alloys and i expect the ride will be VERY harsh

floor it in secound gear  :D , puts a grin on your face :D

you can get 40 on 15s, but that is really stupid profile, 45 is what i would go for...

I have just done a search on 3 sites. my tyres black circles and S***fit... nothing found on 195/40x15.. will check today at work to see if this tyre is listed anywhere in any of the guide books we use.

If you know a manufacturer who does them, let me know please.

195/45x15 can be found no problem, lots of manufacturers do them.

I finish work at 7pm.. so will reply here with th result of my search aroung 8pm :)

I have just done a search on 3 sites. my tyres black circles and S***fit... nothing found on 195/40x15.. will check today at work to see if this tyre is listed anywhere in any of the guide books we use.

I finish work at 7pm.. so will reply here with th result of my search aroung 8pm :)

if im wrong (which is the way its appearing now) i imangine they start from size 16, and apologise for confusing you :bookworm:

Nut,

it looks like yours, so i should imagine it has the origonal springs on it. For some reason i think it looks lower than the T-Sport in the lowering post. I think it must be down to the rims.

Cheers for the Revs info, i think i finally get it now. (hurray, at last)

if im wrong (which is the way its appearing now) i imangine they start from size 16, and apologise for confusing you :bookworm:

Don't worry about confusing me.. i can do that myself lol... anyway. after checking the fitment guide i use at work, there seems to be no 195/40x15's available as yet (maybe for racing, but not road legal).. but they do a 195/40x16 Dunlop SP9000 .

New sizes are coming out quite often.. i think it's a ploy between tyre and car manufacturers TBH lol.. i mean.. who wants a 175/50x15 FGS??.. owners of Smart cars, thats who! (stupid size eh!)

We should be getting a new fitment guide in soon.. the current one in 6 months old now, so another 3 months i guess.

Don't worry about confusing me.. i can do that myself lol... anyway. after checking the fitment guide i use at work, there seems to be no 195/40x15's available as yet (maybe for racing, but not road legal).. but they do a 195/40x16 Dunlop SP9000 .

New sizes are coming out quite often.. i think it's a ploy between tyre and car manufacturers TBH lol.. i mean.. who wants a 175/50x15 FGS??.. owners of Smart cars, thats who! (stupid size eh!)

We should be getting a new fitment guide in soon.. the current one in 6 months old now, so another 3 months i guess.

I have 195/40R16 on at the moment :D

I have the Toyo T1'S on my 17's and they are great tyres only second to the Goodyear GSD3'S IMHO. Although I did use to like the Bridgestone S02's which which are great all round performers.

Thanks

Kevin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links