Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stealth Shelf For Yaris...

Gnome

Hello folks.

Right, am picking up my fascia adapter 2moz, and should be able to fit it 2moz as well.

I've got some Kenwood 6x9's that I never fitted in the Micra before a hedge run out in front of me, so I wanna fit them in the Yaris.

Firstly - I've never wird up Speakers before. I'm 90% crap with electrics - I can wire plugs and such, but otherwise, useless!

Secondly - Obviously I don't wanna make them viewable to the local thievin scum. Question is, do I modify the standard Yaris shelf, make a new one from scratch, or buy one?

If the answer is the latter, can you actually purchase them, and if so, where?

Cheers again my 4 wheeled chums. :D

Make a stealth shelf yourself! It's sooooo easy, just get an hour or so to spare so you can do it. Oh, i would post a pic, but i can't find any acoustic carpet over here! any help regarding the shelf i'm sure chriscanavan can help you (he showed me the way for mine) or if you want i could also help you a bit! And trust me, the sound quality is a lot better in the stealth shelf than on the standard yaris shelf! Oh, and th Speakers are a piece of p*** to wire up as well! :)

EDIT: Sod it, here's mine, just need to cover it when i find some carpet. Seriously though, it's really easy and you can feel proud of your work afterwards! :) Abig thanks to chriscanavan!

dsc005447ob.jpg

Hmmm...

Quite pricey to buy ain't they!

In that case, think I might be gettng the MDF out this weekend!

MDF

Shelf carpeting

Acoustic carpeting

Sounds simple enuff!

Cheers guys!

Chris, just a thought mate, u know how we had to use bits of shelf to make supporting blocks when using 18mm board? Would using 36mm MDF help that? Only problem is the weight though... Double the weight on those side supports!

Have to admit guys Canavan brand is the way to go, chris has done 2 of mine and they have been AWESOME!! (Yaris - best i've seen yet for a home made job!)

Awesome.

My brother-in-law is the director of a building company, so I think I can blag some time in the carpentry dept on Saturday/ Sunday!

:D

• 4 years later...
Make a stealth shelf yourself! It's sooooo easy, just get an hour or so to spare so you can do it. Oh, i would post a pic, but i can't find any acoustic carpet over here! any help regarding the shelf i'm sure chriscanavan can help you (he showed me the way for mine) or if you want i could also help you a bit! And trust me, the sound quality is a lot better in the stealth shelf than on the standard yaris shelf! Oh, and th speakers are a piece of p*** to wire up as well! :)

EDIT: Sod it, here's mine, just need to cover it when i find some carpet. Seriously though, it's really easy and you can feel proud of your work afterwards! :) Abig thanks to chriscanavan!

dsc005447ob.jpg

Hi RossP,

im making one for my gf's yaris, have you amped the 6x9's or did you link them to another speaker? if so which Speakers did you link them off or are they wired directly from the headunit?

ive just fitted some 17cm pioneer front Speakers in for her but shes still not happy with the sound, women eh!

thanks for your info bud.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links