Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Baffled, 17' Rims Wont Fit.

aa120n

I mean on my set up, with the 17's on I can push 2 fingers into the gap at the top of the tyre to the arch, i.e theres plenty of room there

what offset have you got, if you have the wrong offset the wheels might sit too far in...just a thought ?? <_<

migh tneed spacers :thumbsup:

most wheel / tyre specilists will do spacers, look on the net as well, or ask at rogue systems.

they might fit as in the stud arrangement, but the offsets for differnt car manufactures are raerly the same.

ie vw wheels fit on a vauxhall, but they are a wider offset on a vw, so if you put em on a vauxhall, they will hit the arches. and if you put vauxhall wheels on a vw, they might hit the suspension / the inner wing, so you will need spacers !!

aa120n Have a search through the forum, I'm sure someone else on here is running the same hoops, I'm sure there was a post all about it not so long ago, hope that helps :unsure:

It'll definitely be your offset.

You need to be very careful getting the offset right.

You will need a different offset on a 17 x 7J wheel to a 17 x 8J wheel... if you want the front face sitting in exactly the same place.

Have I just made that confusing??? :wacko:

it is your tyres, as i sold a MR2 to Gordon Hutchinson and he has the Lexus IS200 wheels on his Mr2

i have those wheels on. and they fit. even with the stock rubbers on which were 215/45R17. thats pretty weird that the tires are touching the suspension. mine were really close to touching. probably about a centimeter from it or something. only time i heard rubbing is if there was a stone between the tread or i ran over some mud. if u have spare money, get a smaller profile tire for the fronts. like 205s.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links