Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Baffled, 17' Rims Wont Fit.

aa120n

You have to host your pictures online somewhere,

try this .... (you will need to sign up), then you can link your pictures directly.

:thumbsup:

Silly question here but, did you put the wheel bolts on tightly BEFORE you lowered the car down to the ground?

Silly question here but, did you put the wheel bolts on tightly BEFORE you lowered the car down to the ground?

yes i do.

i've measured the diameter of my front springs and they're 200mm, is this normal?

can i get smaller/thinner shocks for the front and how much are they going to cost?

oops, forgot i was a gold member! sorry

There are other similar sites

i've measured the the amount that the spring is touching the tyre, it's about 3inches!!!! spacer's would just push the wheel out of the arch by far to much.

i looked at another mr2 last night that had standard rims and that had the same shocks as mine, so they must be standard.

i'm really stumped with this, i need help desperatly!

Ive had this problem before what it is it the brand of tyre.

sounds funny but my mechanic bought me some cheepy tyres to fit so called 205/40/17" but when i fitted them they touched the cup that holds the spring then a bit l8r we exchanged them and got some Yokohama's and they fitted with some spare space too??? we compared the two together and there was an inch difference in size :eek:

so my recommendation is to try some named brand tyres.

I cant work out why the other brand was so different in size they should be more truthful when marking up the sizes of there tyres.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

the tyres are brand new bridgestones. but i've found the problem now...

the car had been lowered using bliststein shocks, with these shocks there is no way of getting bigger wheels on the car. so i need to get hold of some standard shocks, but i'm not sure if the standard shocks for a rev2 gt-s are the same as the other models(i.e. gti)?

anybody know?

Hey dude, as far as I am aware, they come standard with bilstein shocks (or that could be rev 3+) .. I wouldn't have thought that would be the problem ..

i dont think thats the problem. if it was, every car that comes with aftermarket suspension would pretty much be like that right? only problem id think with having shocks or springs that lower would be scraping the sidewalls. as far as the structure of the shocks itself, i dont think it'd interfere with the wheels.

but the shocks that are on are so short that no matter what offset or size tyre you have on a rim bigger than 15" will not fit.

i had a look at another mr2 yesterday and the shocks on that were alot smaller with smaller springs so that they would never interfear with the wheels, and they were the standard shocks for the car.

i'm confused!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links