Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Colour Collection!

Blue84

Hey All,

Took a trip to a dealership yesterday, aiming to get a quote done for the scuff/dent I made on my T3. As I have been thinking of upgrading anyway I decided to go into the showroom itself and get idea of prices for upgrading.

Turns out that it was a VIP weekend and customers were meant to be there on invitation only, but one of the guy 10.00 appointment hadnt showed up so he saw me instead. Ended up looking at a Yaris colour collection..(theres a link to it at the top of the page) with air-con and in a 1.3 model. Also took a brand new (only 16 miles on the clock) Yaris Blue out for a quick test drive to compare it to the 1.0L and liked it a lot ;). They also do the Colour Collection in Thunder Grey which is only on the T-Sport!

So I am wondering, shall I go for the upgrade? My Parents have told me to think about it (and they are also away this weekend). I've got the guy at Toyota calling me back today cos of a problem with finance but as long as that sorted I only have this weekend to decide (I think they added me onto their VIP list lol)

Opinions Please

Blue

Hiya!

I think you sound pretty sold on the idea, but your parents are right. Take a little time to think about the finances and how much you'll be spending in total. Don't feel you have to make a decision right away because the sales guy will call.

Remember, if you wait... you could save up for a TS! :thumbsup:

Have they gotten back to you and sorted that thingie with the finance? If that's sorted and the £1000 towords the finance vs their APR works out I'd say ... GO FOR IT! :D

You've been wanting to upgrade for some time now and the Colour Collection Yarii have as good as all the goodies from the T-Spirit (and some the T-Spirit doesn't even have) for less than it's price. The Thunder Grey, without too much bias, is a very nice colour and it will be a unique colour on a non-TS Yaris, in the UK anyway :P . I quite like the Eclipse Black too, and being a dark colour you might like it more than the Thunder Grey, and those are the two colours that come with the Red interior trim bits.

I'll be sad to see Jade go but will welcome the new one with open arms.

Ultimately it's your decision but given the choice I'd seriously consider going for it. There might be better deals along the road but no one knows if, when and what.

I'll say no more, don't wanna influence you too much. :lol:

;)

I think you need to write down what the differences are between the colour collection and t-spirit as I read in a previous post you want one of those. Then if the figures are right and you can afford it without stretching yourself to much then buy it!

I was in a similar situation to you about 4 months ago as went down to my local dealership and ended up trading in my 1.0l T3 for a 1.3 Yaris Blue with aload of extra's on top of the normal spec. The 1.3 is definately alot better to drive then the 1.0l and in my situation worked out a bit cheaper on the insurance too as got 1yr free.

If you can afford it then go for it, only think to look out for is the APR that the Toyota dealer offers you in order to get the £1000 towards your finance. This is usually negotiable depending on your credit score. Best thing to do is get the Toyota dealer to work out a finance solution that matches the same price you pay each month at the moment then you know you can definately afford the payments.

Hope this helps!

Yarisldc

if you go for it

get the thunder grey!

itll hold its value mega well as itll be rare!

Hi Guys,

Toyota just called...they've sorted out the problem now but had to go with another finance company. Also they had to pre-register some cars..as in they register them from new and hold them there, but dont let anyone have them and then when they are sold the person who buys them becomes the 2nd owner on paper but the car is still brand new and wont have been used by anyone else..and as the pre-reg ones are cheaper the finance will let me have one cos I am still too young for anything else :(.

And he said the Blue's are the same as the colour collection minus the spoiler and that you dont get thunder grey..plus the interior is blue aswell..whereas some of the colour collection has red inside. It'll also have air conditioning too cos they *reckon* they did a special deal with the workshop.

I'm going to go there tomorrow to finalise everything, out of the colours I like ice blue and twilight blue the best :). I forgot to ask what reg it'll be..I presume 54 but I'm not sure.. :unsure:

Anyway I'm happy :D and I'll be very sad to see my T3 go, but now definately feels the right time to upgrade.

Blue

If you can afford it Blue - go for it!

I really liked the Yaris Blues - the interior is really nice - very funky and sporty and I think if you get a 1.3 you get the T-Spirit alloys...

Do you mean they have pre-registered Yaris Blues or Yaris Colour Collections? A pre-registered car is just as good as a brand new one, it'll just have 2 names on the vehicle registration document - and who sees that anyway apart from you!

I say, along as you are ok with the finance, then go for it - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! :thumbsup:

Do you mean they have pre-registered Yaris Blues or Yaris Colour Collections?

Pre registered Blue's, not the colour collections..

the guy said that they are the same car..but the colour collection comes with a spoiler and is available in black and thunder grey too..

and the 1.3 engine is great too - what does everyone think of it?

ok i found the price...about 10 grand for a 1.3 5-door with the AC and spoiler.

next question....i bought a 1.3 5-door t spirit 7 months ago.....how much would it cost me now to upgrade?

Hi Blue good choice going for the Yaris Blue. My dad has 1 and its a fantastic little motor and has all the goodies, nice bits of leather here and there and a very nice colour aswell whichever 1 you choose! The 1.3 sounds good but I've never been in one but it will have a bit more speed about and it will seem more effortless on the motorway probably! :thumbsup:

Hi Blue good choice going for the Yaris Blue. My dad has 1 and its a fantastic little motor and has all the goodies, nice bits of leather here and there and a very nice colour aswell whichever 1 you choose! The 1.3 sounds good but I've never been in one but it will have a bit more speed about and it will seem more effortless on the motorway probably! :thumbsup:

As above, but its my sister who has it!

The Blue has some nice little extra bits and pieces, but ultimately its down to the cost. If you can afford it it sounds like you've already made up your mind!

:tumbsup:

Alan

Yes, good luck with your purchase if you do decide to go for it. Did they offer you interest free finance? For me, it was about a grand down (and my old car) and then you pay the rest off over two years. That's the set up I've gone for.

As you probably remember from another thread, I ordered a 1.3 five door Colour collection last Sunday. It just had to be Thunder Grey! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links