Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soon To Be Yaris Owner

speedingsivi

hi im 16 atm and i cant wait to get my mums black yaris t-spirit. its only a 1L engine and i was wonderin is it worth spendin money on makin it quicker or is it best to wait till i get a bigger engine car?

Thanks a lot

Hi there and welcome to the club!

To be honest, you'd be best to leave it as it is for the moment - the 1.0 litre is actually quite nippy for its engine size and any modifications whatsoever will send your insurance right through the roof!

Have fun,

Alan

Hiya,

I agree with Alan..probs best to wait a year or so and then think about getting something bigger...but its your choice at the end of the day.

Blue

thanks i was thinkin of not getting a yaris t sport as my second car wen im 19 but from the feedback iv read of this forum it sounds a great fun car. so i could in a few years time be with a yaris t sport. iv also heard they are realeasing a turbo version for £15,000

Welcome to the club! You'll enjoy that 1.0 Yaris for sure! Don't be too crazy on the modding at 1st though, enjoy it as it is before you do anything with it, then when you feel its time to stand out, mod away!

Yeah i agree with Earpl. Phase one TS is the best of the 2 looks wise, though i did see a Belting 54 reg one in town the other day in Baleric Blue... i want that if any of the phase 2's, the colour is just so right (for me anyhow)

Anyway, if you need any help with anything have a flick through the fourms, theres always someone who's had a similar problem or query!

Rob

I would also say avoid modding for the time being.

Get a year's no claims and some experience on the road beforehand (says the guy who has already written off one car... :rolleyes: ).

The 1.0l is not a slow car by any means, and is still nippy enough upto 40mph for round town driving and the like.

I never waited to mod, I just jumped straight in at the deep end! :D

My insurance has only went up by about £120 and that was mainly for my suspension! :thumbsup:

I never waited to mod, I just jumped straight in at the deep end! :D

My insurance has only went up by about £120 and that was mainly for my suspension! :thumbsup:

really :blink: my suspension didnt effect my insurance at all

welcome to the club mate :thumbsup: if ur consiering a tsport in couple years then save ur penneys and put ur effort into that, use the 1 ltr to build up ur NCBs and driving experience, im sure ull learn a thing or 2 on here aswell

ask anyone on here, once u start modding its very hard to stop, so bare that in mind :lol:

Trust, by the time you want to buy a TS mate, say even 2 years from now, or even for your 18th bday or so. Once you have 1yr NCB it will cost around £1000 tops! Thats the quote I got and Im only 18. Gettin the TS once I actually have my 1yr NCB which is soon... o soo soon. Problem in no Black TS on the 2nd Hand Market! AT ALL! Well I found one... just ONE.

though i did see a Belting 54 reg one in town the other day in Baleric Blue... i want that if any of the phase 2's, the colour is just so right (for me anyhow)

Errrr sorry to interrupt - but that must be wrong! They discontinued Balearic Blue last April/May time - I know because my old Yaris (53 plate) was Balearic Blue and Toyota told me I couldnt have a new one in that colour because it had been discontinued.... so I had to have Carlo Blue instead :unsure: You cant get a 54 plate in Balearic Blue.

Back to topic - stick with the 1L engine sweetheart til you are a bit older and you can afford the hefty insurange tag on a bigger car! :thumbsup:

1.0l is a rally nippy car. I got one too, have some big plans for it over next two years (as i'm not intending on selling it too soon). To be honest though, in the long run you're better off not messing about with power on the one litre (says the bloke whos planning a turbo), because in the end of the day it'll still be 1.0l! Wait a couple of years, then get your NCB up, then get a T-sport. Oh, and make sure it's phase 1 as well, phase 2 is kinda girly (trying to be politically correct here!)

Gee, why does everyone with a P1 have such a problem with the P2? :rolleyes:

Theres nothing wrong with the car - its a diamond! At the end of the day, a Yaris is a Yaris, regardless of phase!

*gets off soapbox*

though i did see a Belting 54 reg one in town the other day in Baleric Blue... i want that if any of the phase 2's, the colour is just so right (for me anyhow)

Errrr sorry to interrupt - but that must be wrong! They discontinued Balearic Blue last April/May time - I know because my old Yaris (53 plate) was Balearic Blue and Toyota told me I couldnt have a new one in that colour because it had been discontinued.... so I had to have Carlo Blue instead :unsure: You cant get a 54 plate in Balearic Blue.

I dont know why Toyota keep messing around with the blue colours to be honest. They have carlo blue which is bit too dark i think .. then they have the balearic blue which is too light .. and the best is caribbean blue as its just right, but they stopped doing it along time ago. Ah well just my opinion, i'm sure some ppl will disagree! :lol:

Anyway mate .. stick with the 1.0 for a few years without doing any serious mods, build up your ncd and get a t-sport when you feel the time is right to move on! :thumbsup:

hey how you doin i did the same as you i inherited my mums old 1.0l and did exterior mods an ICE plus zorst an air filter, i now have a t-sport as its cheap to insure for its speed an looks etc.

buy mods for your car that are worthwhile and transferable, i had a few things i swapped over, eg, suspension, audio, mats, wheels, try not to buy stuff too expensive i manage to mod my car with not alot of cash, lok in my garage for prices of my mods etc. an feel free to ask anything else

Lee :thumbsup:

I fully agree that you should wait for a bit before getting a bigger engine.. the 1.0 is a fantastic wee car, you'll love it to bits.

I have had a good few cars (i'm 36now :( shhhh) and can honestly say that the Yaris 1.0l has more punch than most 1.0's. As for mods.. not much you can do with them really (look in my garage :lol: ) so you won't be spending that much on mods. :rolleyes:

Welcome to our club :thumbsup:

stick with the 1.0l for a while its nippy for a little one!!

oh ....and theres nothing wrong with a phase2 :P

Hi mate and welcome. You'll love the 1.0. It'll still be nippy enough for the time being and you can move on up later like everyone else has said. Enjoy your ride! :thumbsup:

thanks i was thinkin of not getting a yaris t sport as my second car wen im 19 but from the feedback iv read of this forum it sounds a great fun car. so i could in a few years time be with a yaris t sport. iv also heard they are realeasing a turbo version for £15,000

Hi & welcome to the club.

As for the production turbo version, its a no-go!! I Also heard about this & i went into the Toyota Dealership & asked them about it & they said they havent heard anything about it. But they also said that things can change overnight so it may be a possibility in the future :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links