Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit For A 1.0 Yaris...

Gnome

Is it worth it?

What are the advantages?

Will I loose fuel economy?

How much, and who are the best make?

What types are there, and what price range for these?

Cheers peeps :thumbsup:

Depends if you like the sound or not.

Better throttle response and a nice sound.

Yes but nothing dramatic, hardly noticeable.

Envy do the GReddy for £155 and you will save money being Gold.

GReddy for £155 and Pipercross do one but its best avoided cos the engine management light wll come on.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

thats biased the pipercross gave a good sound on mine its cheap at 70 quid from demon tweeks, and the engine management light never came on neither did the car suffer from any problems

cant say they'll be much of a performance increase tho,

i had a pipercross on my 1.0 for 8 months. no problems whatso ever and no light came on. the sound was awesome as well! check my old garage if u wanna see pics..

but as ryan says on occasions it can clog up the maf sensor as its a wet filter which u treat with retention oil. best thing to do is not spray too much oil onto the filter, but just enought to lightly coat it.

So is the GReddy one a dry filter, and the pipercorss a wet filter then I'm guessin?

Also, would these invalidate the warranty? :huh:

So is the GReddy one a dry filter, and the pipercorss a wet filter then I'm guessin?

Also, would these invalidate the warranty?  :huh:

Yeah mate GReddy is dry and Pipercross is wet! :thumbsup:

Yes, these would invalidate your warranty I should think but they are easy to fit and take off, literally took me 30 seconds to remove my Pipercross 1 but the GReddy one may be a tad more difficult as you need to remove the airbox to fit it! :thumbsup:

Anyway, when a service comes along just whip it off and they won't know the difference! :D

Is it worth it?

What are the advantages?

Will I loose fuel economy?

How much, and who are the best make?

What types are there, and what price range for these?

Cheers peeps  :thumbsup:

I will let you know on thursday when i get this fitted (hopefully)

GReddy Induction Kit.

gallery_16130_91_1109013969.jpg

Oooh! nearly forgot.. getting this fitted too.

RSR gt2 Exhaust

gallery_16130_91_1109014141.jpg

Holy crap that can is tiny! Oh well, get it up on your car, then I think it will be final decision time for me before i go back to work. Oh also, try if you can to post up a sound clip of it...Would be much obliged! :thumbsup:

Davy if they don't get fitted on Thursday I'm coming up to fit the induction kit myself! :ffs:

I'm off work every Saturday btw so any Saturday suits me if it suits you! :thumbsup:

I work saturdays.. so would have to be evening, or a sunday when i'm off (well every 2nd one),, either that or a wednesday evening when your on your way home? as i off evry 2nd wednesday too. lol

Aye wednesday sounds good to me! Just PM me or talk to me on msn when you get them fitted! :thumbsup:

Thread thieves!!!!

:ph34r:

:D :D :P

Think I might leave mine for now then. Think I'll just get some alloys and be done with it for now!

That is, if there's any money left from the bike project...

I work saturdays.. so would have to  be evening, or a sunday when i'm off (well every 2nd one),, either that or a wednesday evening when your on your way home? as i off evry 2nd wednesday too. lol

I got the exact same filter as you through the post this morning with an additional blue filter to match my car and it set me back 175 smackers! Might fit mines this weekend or i might wait till i get an exhaust and put it on at the same time, not sure yet. BTW, am also from Glasgow, southside :thumbsup:

I can see a mini meet in Glasgow happening here! :lol:

Southside you say? Newton Mearns? Giffnock? And thats great mate, I need to hear what it sounds like alone without an exhaust! :thumbsup:

The more the merrier :thumbsup:

:arrgg-matey: the thread is ours :arrgg-matey: :lol:

ok get back to topic :thumbsup:

Holy crap that can is tiny! Oh well, get it up on your car, then I think it will be final decision time for me before i go back to work. Oh also, try if you can to post up a sound clip of it...Would be much obliged! :thumbsup:

Yeah that is one extremely small can! .. Bet its LOUD! :lol:

Nice one mate .. get them fitted soon and be sure to post some pics and sound clips! :thumbsup:

The more the merrier  :thumbsup:

:arrgg-matey:  the thread is ours  :arrgg-matey:  :lol:

ok  get back to topic  :thumbsup:

I live in pollokshields. If i fit it this weekend, i will def post up a sound clip. I will also post some pics of my car this weekend after its been lowered on my 17" wheels. Fingers crossed, wont have to cut loads of arch lining. Also fitting M3 mirrors and C-West eyebrows this weekend.

The wife doesn't want a loud one... ;) :blink: :P

What wee mad thing?? i know nothing :unsure:

Poor Gnome , he's being (or going to be) done over like a kipper by SoTOC in gold, and now we've nicked his thread. :arrgg-matey: :lol:

Has it not got a thing at the end that you can take out? cooperman66 off this site bought an R*SR exhaust for his T-Sport and it had a removable thing in the tailpipe, maybe its different for non T-Sport! :wacko:

Might have.. the hole looks smaller inside the big pipe :)

looks good that way tho.. dunno if it's loud yet tho.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links