Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise In Rear Of Celica

R1K

As the post suggests, it usually is as simple as worn anit roll bushes. I believe these are £5 from Toyota but I just wrapped the bar in rubber and it worked a treat. You have nothing to lose by trying it is only 2 small bolts to remove the bracket. Dont do what I did and undo them with the car jacked up as the bar is in tension, and.... bang! Reverse up ramps if possible. Or jack up the rear hub with a 2nd jack to compress the spring.

Ok, heres my tuppence.

1st we changed to anti rol bushes - Improved (from Toyota)

2nd we changed anti roll bar - Improved (from TCB)

3rd we changed links - Improved (from eBay)

4th Failed MOT on rear adj strut bushes, so changed - Fixed completely (recon from TCB)

Hope this helps

Giles

• 1 year later...
Im getting this knocking noise in the back of my 1995 celica. It sounds like its coming from the rear left wheel. I thought it sounded just like a problem others had which was discussed to be the rubber bush on the anti roll bar.....but.....

TODAY, i replaced both bushes - even wrapped a little bike inner tubing round the bar to make sure it was really tight...... and first bump onto the street...KNOCK!

I hear it at low speeds and over medium bumpy/ rough ground. Any ideas? Guess i try the exhaust or something next  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its not ya jack wots come looes

Ive got the same problem with my celica h :crybaby: as anybody solved this problem cause the knockin is driving me insane !!

• 4 months later...
Im getting this knocking noise in the back of my 1995 celica. It sounds like its coming from the rear left wheel. I thought it sounded just like a problem others had which was discussed to be the rubber bush on the anti roll bar.....but.....

TODAY, i replaced both bushes - even wrapped a little bike inner tubing round the bar to make sure it was really tight...... and first bump onto the street...KNOCK!

I hear it at low speeds and over medium bumpy/ rough ground. Any ideas? Guess i try the exhaust or something next :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its not ya jack wots come looes

Ive got the same problem with my celica h :crybaby: as anybody solved this problem cause the knockin is driving me insane !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links