Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Differences In Performance?

Baby Yari

I'm currently the proud owner of a 1.3sr but seeing the prices of second hand T-sports these days am looking to upgrade! Waiting till my birthday in July coz i'll be 21 then and the lovely insurance people like to charge a fair discount as a reward for being 21! Nice guys aint they!?

I'm just wondering if anyone has driving both the 1.3 and a 1.5 as i'm just interested in how much nippier and quicker the T-sport is. I know its about a 20hp difference and as my 1.3's real nippy as it is, i'd like to find out what the 1.5's like!

havnt driven both, but from what i hear they are simular, t sport will offer more mid range power and gen pull quicker in higher gears compared with the 1.3

I've driven both (own a t-sport) and there is a noticeable difference.

More pull in every gear and you need less revs for the same speed... but ... the ride is firmer, the brakes are better and the interior is much nicer ...

u cant really beat the t sport, if u love the yaris is a perfect upgrade, u get what u pay for, id never go back to a lower version now

Yeah well i'd be at the T-sport stage now if it wasnt for the lovely insurance companies charging ridiculous amounts for young drivers with points on there license! My fault I spose though!! :( (Not the age bit, I cant help that!)

Cant wait to upgrade though and am glad I made the right choice at the start as it was a toss up between the 1.0litre or 1.3! Better things to come for the future!

Yeah well i'd be at the T-sport stage now if it wasnt for the lovely insurance companies charging ridiculous amounts for young drivers with points on there license! My fault I spose though!! :(  (Not the age bit, I cant help that!)

have you gotten quotes on the car?

In my experience, insurance quotes become substantially cheaper when you turn 25, not 21.

as long as you check before you buy - wouldn'twant you to be caught out :thumbsup:

Yeah being 21 is no big deal anymore, will start going down more when you hit 25 as Matt said! :thumbsup:

Yeah being 21 is no big deal anymore, will start going down more when you hit 25 as Matt said! :thumbsup:

No claims Bonus makes all the difference...

£1500 - 19 - 0ncb

£900 - 20 - 1Yncb

£550 - 21 - 2Yncb

1.3 0-60mph 12.1sec top speed 109mph

1.5 T-Sport 0-60mph 9.0sec top speed 118mph

and I know that's only half the story

my ts weeweed on seveer's SR on the motor way :P

Did it balls! Well, maybe it wee'd, but it didn't weewee!

It definatley had far more pull and yes, he did get past me quite easily... but im still VERY impressed with my 1.3, it's an absolute treat to drive, but a T-Sport would always be a nice upgrade!

:lol: children!! calm

drops a nice amount when 21 with 2 yrs then, fingers crossed i should have 3 or 4 ncb by the time im 21, been on own ful comp insurance since the day i passed :thumbsup: lets hop its nice and cheap then

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links