Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Was Your First Toyota?

Desmond22

88 Celica GT Gen 4. Maroon in colour and really was a cool car. Build quailty is second to none on Toyotas. I had someone shunt me up the rear and the repair was so shiney compared to the rest of the car I got fed up. The clutch was slipping, a cv joint was clanging away so i ended up giving it away. Got into Rovers and now heading back to the fold with an MR2.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desmond22

• scionic

• Karma Supra

• Rookey

My 1st Toyota was a 1.6 Carina E Xi... bought it because it was the best looking car i had seen within my budget and i had it 5 years without a single problem :thumbsup:

It was the car i had before the Yaris i now own.. i don't think i'll buy anything other than Toyota now.. they are all good cars :thumbsup:

Mk2 MR2 .. Step mum suggested it.

Insurance was the same as a "hot hatch".

No competition, had her for 18 months, sold her for a turbo and had this over 3 years.

The new car also got me my current Mrs ..

My first Toyota was a 1968 - 1973 Corolla panel van (estate without seats in the back) similar to this one, but in White:

70.74.toyota.corolla.500.jpg

Since then it's been a 95 MKII MR2 (Rev3):

normal_btyshine.side.r.jpg

my current 90 Corolla GTi (AE92):

14c72995.jpg

And now also as of two days ago an 85 MKI MR2:

0005c052.jpg

First car Mk1 MR2, father was CEO for Toyota Hong Kong which helped a bit with the price, since then numerous MR2's and now in a Eunos Roadster until funds are a bit friendlier....

It had to be Toyota. Mom and Especially Dad wouldn't get me anything else.

Corolla G6 - 21st Birthday Present. My first and only car I've owned.

But at 19yrs old it was cheaper to insure me (£2500) on the their Celica GT4 Pre Carlos Sainz ST185 (Better looking one, but not as powerful, only 201bhp :lol: ) than buy and run my own car.

Dads had 5 versions of celica, the most distinctive one was the 'Mini' Mustang, he had an ST before that, and a smooth sort of teardrop Liftback , he missed out the square blocky looking one, then got st182 and finally the st185. the later ones didn't appeal, So they've now got a RAV VX 7yrs old too.

My Yaris.......wish I had discovered Toyota earlier :thumbsup:

Parents always bought Toyota, Corrola hatchbacks, had 100s of em. Upto about M Reg then they changed it, since then it moved to Lexus, Audi but Im determined to bring the Toyota back into the household.

• 4 weeks later...

First toyota was a 1988 Landcruiser FJ62. This is the 4 door model, similar to what you call the Landcruiser Amazon now, I beleive.

FJ62_TBIRD1_4.jpg

That was followed by a 4x4 Tacoma (Hilux) with the 3.4 liter 190hp V6

1.jpg

After that, a Mk4 Volkswagen Jetta (Bora saloon) TDI

and finally my current ride, a 2004 Scion xB (known as Toyota bB outside U.S.)

L_2004_Scion_xb.jpg

For those of you not familiar, it is mechanically very similar to a Yaris Verso 1.5, only the Scion model comes with stiffer springs/dampeners, lower suspension and more aggressive 4.30 final drive to make it a bit more fierce to back up it's less family friendly appearance. It's actually a lot of fun to drive and a great bargain at just $14,000 U.S. That includes XM satellite radio, ABS, stability control, traction control, brake assist, power windows. Basically full kit and then some for a car in this class. Everything except NAV and I have a handheld GPS for that..

I nearly bought a Carina a few years ago, but the GF talked me into getting a Punto instead...After 2 years with the Punto I traded it in for the Avensis I'm driving now.

Add another one to my list :P

Yaz... Yaris.. had her 5.5 years ever since I passed me test... :) twas loveat first sight (tho I wanted a diff colour!)

My first toyota was a Mk2 MR2, I got in my mates one, and HAD to have it even though it was still the 3S-FE .. paid him in installments and a glorious day it was when I picked it up!hehe

It lasted a year until an idiot smashed me head on. That we survived is a tribute to the safety of the Gti even in those days but I am now a disabled driver as a result.

That's a tragic story! glad you got out ok mate!

What actually happened?

my first was a sera

That's the gullwing door Paseo, right?

Cool!

People are mentioning parents, so I just thought I'd add, both mine drive Toyota as well.

Mom drives a Highlander V6 (Camry-based SUV/wagon)

Dad drives a Lexus ES300.

I had a wee Renault Clio until the day i took a strole into the local import garage and seen a Starlet Glanza...... it was love at first site. However at 18, there was no way i would be insured so i saved up my pocket money for many weeks and here now im 21 and i have not got my very own wee Glanza V :D I can see many toyota's to come :)

My first Toyota was the one I bought in '87, and I'm still driving it!

It's an '86 AE86, which I originally bought to go Group N rallying, but decided I couldn't afford it, so it ended up as my road car.

I bought it as a (9 month old!) write-off, with 12000 miles on the clock, and took it to a mate up in Norfolk, who used to run a garage. He was a rallyman who had an AE86, and had repaired/prepared several rallycars for guys at the motor club.

When the bodywork repairs and respray had been done on my car, it looked so good, I didn't have the heart (or the deep pockets) to go and wreck in on the stages. So the Grp N plans went out the window.

The car still has just under 78000 miles on the clock, but is beginning to look a bit tired nowadays, and needs some TLC. I really don't have the time these days, although I did weld up new rear pockets a couple of years ago. Not a fun job!

Anyway, I'm looking to replace it with a JDM Levin, and have imported 2, so far.

Cheers,

Steve

www.AE86imports.0catch.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links