Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Was Your First Toyota?

Desmond22

Just curious to know which model attracted people to Toyota in the first place and why.

Mine was a 1983 Tercel. The reason was simple - I'd bought a Renault from the dealer and the gearbox broke within days. It took him over a month to source the parts and he lent me a Tercel. I was so taken with the car I bought a demo model and stayed with Toyotas ever since.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desmond22

• scionic

• Karma Supra

• Rookey

Just curious to know which model attracted people to Toyota in the first place and why.

Mine was a 1983 Tercel. The reason was simple - I'd bought a Renault from the dealer and the gearbox broke within days. It took him over a month to source the parts and he lent me a Tercel. I was so taken with the car I bought a demo model and stayed with Toyotas ever since.

Thats a pretty cool story :)

My old friend was/is a car dealer, and he just got in an mr2, I drove as a passenger, loved the ease of high speed motorway driving, and the sleek shape, driving position etc, and decided to buy it off him over a period of 5 months worth of installments!

I now will always have a love for Mk2 MR2's :)

My first Toyota was a Corolla Kudos P reg.

I've also had two MR2 SW20s (a rev 2 and a rev 5)

A Lexus IS200 (a Toyota in all but name!)

Now I've got a CTS and thinking about getting another SW20 just to play with at the weekend.

'88 Celica GTi... I bought it at reading auvtion for £500 6 years ago.... it wasa toal shed! drive it twice and sold it on!

Since then I have had:

Two Soarer Twin Turbos (both imports, obviosly)

Two Mr2s GTi-16s (one Import G-limited, one UK)

Three Mk3 Supras! (UK, N/A in red, and the two I have now)!!!

My only Toyota I have ever owned is KITT

My ex boyfriend had a Black Gen four Celica and I feel in love with the car. :P and was very pished off when he sold it.

And I promised myself I would buy one but I then saw a Gen 5 and feel in love with the shape, KITT was the first gen 5 I went to view, I bought her there and then. :shutit:

Pleased to have stirred the memories! :)

My Tercel gave way to a Corolla Mk1 I think they were. 1985 anyway. This was the best 1300 Corolla because the next ones were underpowered unless you bought the 1.6 Executive. Then tried a Carina.

In 1991 I got my pride and joy - a Corolla Gti - pure white, a jet powered roller skate. It lasted a year until an idiot smashed me head on. That we survived is a tribute to the safety of the Gti even in those days but I am now a disabled driver as a result.

The next best was a 1993 Corolla 1.6 in that funny grey/green metallic. Great car though but it had to go for a Carina because I couldn't get in and out too easily. The Carina lasted 7 years - a record for me - and I'm now on Avensis 2.0.

Mine was a MR2 mkII N/A

Then i sold that and got a MR2 turbo then also got myself Hilux surf as well

Steve

mine was the 1 ltr yaris, was the first time id every really taken note of one, loved the diff design, the space inside conpared with other hatchbacks

then upgraded to what i have now

My first Toyota was a 1989 Corolla GTi, bought in 1993 (the one in my avatar) ...

... and which I still have and drive today :) .

So impressed was I with toyota that 8 years later I went out and bought another a 'modiied' 1998 Corolla GS, bought in 2001 ...

...and which I still have and drive today :) .

My 1st was a 85 Corolla 1.3GL 3dr just after i passed my test - had it a few months and then went for the AE82 - which i kept a few months again until i got beat by a Renault 5 GT Turbo :angry: -

So i sold the corolla got a R5 GT Turbo - blew a head/several clutch cables/had an accident and then after repairing it and selling it bought a 88E Pug 205 1.9 GTi an absolute minta she was -

Owned that for 1 DAY before i had an accident in it and it got written off (not my fault by the way!)

The bought my 1st ever A-reg Corolla GT AE86 and its been Toyota all the way after that.. including the odd CRX/RS Turbo/Gsi.. well u get the jist of it ;) :thumbsup:

Rash.

and then went for the AE82 - which i kept a few months again until i got beat by a Renault 5 GT Turbo  -

So i sold the corolla got a R5 GT Turbo - blew a head/several clutch cables/had an accident and then after repairing it and selling it bought a 88E Pug 205 1.9 GTi an absolute minta she was -

Owned that for 1 DAY before i had an accident in it and it got written off (not my fault by the way!)

The bought my 1st ever A-reg Corolla GT AE86 and its been Toyota all the way after that.. including the odd CRX/RS Turbo/Gsi.. well u get the jist of it 

A very nice selection of 80's machines :thumbsup:

My first toyota was a very sexy UK Spec 1998 S Celica GT :thumbsup:

Since then my cars seem to be getting older and older :lol:

I'd love another Gti or an MR2 - I'm sure I could get in but not so sure about getting out these days! :( :)

this is my first one

but my mum and dad have had a few. their first one was a Toyota 1000 not sure when that was but it was way before i was born. then the had an A Reg Tercel then a P Reg Corolla Kudos and now they have a Yaris T-Sport

Well I had always wanted a Yaris, but when I passed they were a bit above my price range, so my 1st car was a W reg Daewoo Matiz, which I bought off my Grandad - 10 months after I bought it, a lorry forced me (and it!) off the road and the Matiz had to go in for repairs and as I needed a car - I took the plunge and bought Karis, my old 53 plate Yaris T-Spirit back in Jan 2004. And when she went to heaven in November last year (thanks to Mr Eejit and his stolen car hitting me head on and writing her off) I was tempted to stray to Honda for a Jazz, but decided to stick with Toyota again and bought my new 54 plate Yaris T-Spirit, Kaori in December last year.

I'll probably stick with Toyota again when I change - either going to get a new P3 Yaris T-Sport when they're released or possibly a Corolla T-Sport - havent decided! :thumbsup:

95 celica gt , now a celica gt4 :lol: :) :thumbsup::beer::yes:

First one was my parents', can't remember when but it was a white Toyota 1000. Pretty basic but took us everywhere with no troubles.

Current 1.0 Yaris is the first Toyota of my own. So impressed I take delivery of a brand new 1.3 Yaris colour collection early March.

In 94 I had a 1.6 Gli saloon Carina. Great car. Moved up to a 2001 Avensis (probably the worst car I have had - nothing major just a lot of rattles etc.).

Got rid of the Avensis and got IS200 SE Auto, loved the cruise control and straight 6 but boy did the fuel bills rise !

A short while later my Wife got her Yaris.

Recently I've just changed the IS for a newer one.

Getting the itch to change again so currently waiting for the new oil burner IS or maybe a runaround for week days and a Mk iv Supra or GT4 for fun.

My first was an `82 Carina. Folowed by an `86 Hilux then i went all german till last year when i got the GT4. Result. :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My first was my silver Yaris 1.0 "S" that I was bought by my folks as a surprise. It was the courtesy car at their local Mr T and I'd already taken it for a test drive as I wasn't sure whether to buy a Yaris or a Smart. Anyhow, Dad declared tha he wanted to see what I was going to spend my money on so took me to the showroom so he could have a test. When I got there the salesman came over, handed me the keys and said, "You'll be wanting to look around your new car then". I couldn't believe it!

I did just over 45,000 miles in it over the next 2 years and traded it in for my first black T3 diesel (which, I hasten to add, I paid for myself). I really felt it was MY car as I had to wait 12 agonising weeks for it to be built and shipped from Japan whilst I worried about whether I'd chosen the right alloys. Alas, it got written off after 8 months (and 16,000 miles) by a prat in a Civic and the insurance replaced it with an "identical" car which took less than a fortnight to arrive. Although I prefer the wheels and MD changer on #3, I still feel that #2 has been my favourite!

Sorry for the waffling...

Alan

I've got mine at the moment...04 Plate Yaris T3 1.0L

She's going soon, to be replaced by a 54 Plate Yaris Blue 1.3 tho!

i decided to go for a Yaris as I originally had a 1.1 Fiesta Classic when I passed my test, and it was sooooo unreliable it really annoyed me, spent more days off the road then it did on the road! I'd heard Toyota's were good for reliability, and I saw that Demonic Angel was getting one too (as I go on another forum which she belongs too aswell), looked at the prices and economy etc..test drove and the rest is history.

yaris 1.0l was given to me was mums old car an i didnt like it at frst but it grew on me great performance reliabiltiy and love the interior an most of all this place! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links