Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lexus Lights T Sport

admanirv

Rights guys, i know everyone says thats these lexus lights are common, but i think they look sweet with tinted windows and the thunder grey colour t sport.

i have seen these for sale on eBay, same as in motorworld etc, but why are they illegal, these are my favorite -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7957548036&rd=1

here are some other ones but they dont look as nice as the above ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4530735681&rd=1

ive been reading i need some brackets to fit to my 2002 t sport?

Not sure, but if the red bitsm on those lights are bulbs there don't appear to be any reflectors on them which would make them illegal, if it is down to the reflectors you could simply get some reflective strip and put somewhere on the rear of the car...

yeah the ones in the pic have a white center in the middle of the 2 red lights.

The legal ones have all red lights (the little bits in the middle are red reflectors)

Both are technically illegal anyway as the "legal" ones are not E marked so they should fail an MOT. In reality no MOT test station would do this as long as they have reflectors!

As has been said, the law states you need a certain amount of relectors on the rear lights, I wouldnt worry too much about the E mark though, thats a minor thing..

Rights guys, i know everyone says thats these lexus lights are common, but i think they look sweet with tinted windows and the thunder grey colour t sport.

i have seen these for sale on ebay, same as in motorworld etc, but why are they illegal, these are my favorite -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7957548036&rd=1

here are some other ones but they dont look as nice as the above ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4530735681&rd=1

ive been reading i need some brackets to fit to my 2002 t sport?

cheers guys, £73 doesnt seem like a bad price

to be honest mate.... Lexus lights are going to be out of fashion very soon, along with Chrome wheels...

If I was you, i'd save your money, as in a couple of months the new 'craze' will arrive..

to be honest mate.... Lexus lights are going to be out of fashion very soon, along with Chrome wheels...

If I was you, i'd save your money, as in a couple of months the new 'craze' will arrive..

too true mate, as i allways say ill wait and wait for the next, and next...

If you was rear ended or involved in any form of collision and the Police were on scene you may find yourself in a sticky situation regarding insurance. Companies now will find anything not to pay out I think you are setting yourself up by having illegal lights on your car just for cosmetic reasons

If you was rear ended or involved in any form of collision and the Police were on scene you may find yourself in a sticky situation regarding insurance. Companies now will find anything not to pay out I think you are setting yourself up by having illegal lights on your car just for cosmetic reasons

true ive had a write off few month back, think if i do they'll ahve to be fully legal

You have to be so careful these days, someone is always accountable and it’s usually the driver! If you are involved in a fatal accident i.e.; you hit someone and they die, your car will be impounded by the Police there and then and they go over it with a fine tooth comb. Any faults defects modifications will be used against you as a possible prosecution if found to be contributory to any incident

My point is this; with any modification make sure it’s equal or better than the original manufacturer’s specification

Just my two pence worth

I've got lexus lights and I think mine are e-marked as I have reflectors in the middle of the 2 red bits on either side! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links