Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealers Do Not Have A Clue!

Demonic Angel

I had to ring my local dealer today, spoke to my saleswoman Suzanne, to tell her I was popping by to pick up that 2nd free tank of petrol she promised me tomorrow, as I'm skint and need petrol!

Anyway, we started having a bit of a girly chat, as us women do and the conversation came to the new Yaris.

"I'm having one of those!" I said "Its featured in last weeks Auto Express - they test drove a 1.5 Vitz from Japan"

She immediately piped up "You've seen it?! Oh my God - whats it like? I've not seen one yet!"

I was pretty gobsmacked! I thought they might know about new models, so they can give more information to any customers enquiring - but no apparently they dont know anything until Toyota officially announce it in a press release, which of course they havent yet about the new Yaris! :unsure:

So there was I, telling an experienced Toyota saleswoman all I'd read about the New Yaris - about the improved ride and stability - she says she's going to check out the Auto Express website to see the photos. :thumbsup:

I really didnt know that the sales people find out so late - you think they'd be the first to know! :P

She joked that she might have to speak to her boss to offer me a job there beings as I know so much about it! :lol::lol:

Anyway she reckons the date in Auto Express of September 2005 is wayyyy off the mark anyway, as apparently they normally release new cars about one year after Toyotas official first press release - and as there is no press release yet - no new Yaris til Spring 2006 at least..... :(

That is quite surprising.....and thats probably the first time I have ever heard of a woman car dealer!

Not really suprising.

They will only be told if Toyota release an official press release to their employees as well.

Suzuki have done it with a bike in the past, and the customers had more idea about the new bike, as the dealers hadn't been told.

Still, you'd expect at least one person at a car dealership to read a car magazine!!!

Granted Suzanne is a woman though - and probably doesnt do car mags - although you'd think the guys there would

(Not being sexist or owt - I read car mags, but 99% of my girly friends do not and will not! lol)

Its a shame I left the mag at work else I'd take it with me and show her tomorrow!

Funny, I got the same job offer! It was when I was collecting my car and the salesman opened the door and all I could say was, "Oh! Its French!". Then I had to explain how I could tell the difference...

Got to get out more :rolleyes:

Alan

was fun when i had to explain my car actually had a turbo! :eek:

say the words Caldina GT4 and watch what they do!

When I was buying my new car I asked about the new Yaris. The salesman had heard of it but said "don't expect it for at least a year".

Well, he would, wouldn't he? ;)

Yeah Em, when me and chriscanavan went to get my Yaris from Mr T, he didnt have a clue about the new Yarii really, just knew there was one coming. He also didn't know about the plans for a 1.8 TS... And i have been told by another local Mr T that they don't do parts that they clearly do, like the blank fascia surround for fitting the after market double din unit... and that it's impossible to install aftermarket headunits in the current Yaris

Worrying really

Fact of the matter is, is that they probably get no training or information other than absolute bare minimum so that costs can be kept down!

If every member of staff had to be fully trained in all models, with all things, then it'd cost a sh*te site more to toyota than if they just let them learn for themselves!

Same goes for the mechanics... they don't know everything they're doing... they take it from the repair/structure/diagram manuals they are provided with... iv seen them do it!

This is why it appears that they are lying... they ain't... they just don't know and are too bone idle to find out!

EDIT: Very sorry if this seemed stereotypical... im just talking of my own experiences, im sure some are brilliant, cos if they weren't... we dumbasses wouldn't all be driving our lovely little cars!

She said they do go on a course for new models - she knows there is one coming up in the Summer for the Aygo - but even so she says that the customers normally find out more than they do anyway!

Perhaps I should arrange a mini-training session for all staff when I get there..... lol take my copy of Auto Express and my pointy stick and then charge them for my services..... :lol::lol::lol:

I think that the TOC Yaris owning population is different from most of the Yaris owning population....everyone here really seems to know the car inside out and so know a lot more than the average salesman/woman......infact you guys/gals would be ideal Yaris salespeople!

A bit off topic but dealer related . . . can anyone confirm if the UK Supra was sold through Lexus dealers rather than Toyota ? If so why ? ?

Perhaps I should arrange a mini-training session for all staff when I get there..... lol take my copy of Auto Express and my pointy stick and then charge them for my services.....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pionty stick?? :eek: You mean to say you don't have a Laser Pointer??... show some profesionalism please, after all you will be representing TOC. mbounce.gif ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................^^^^^^ SoTOC :P

I think that the TOC Yaris owning population is different from most of the Yaris owning population....everyone here really seems to know the car inside out and so know a lot more than the average salesman/woman......infact you guys/gals would be ideal Yaris salespeople!

Thats coz we really love them toooooo much ;) :thumbsup:

lads im in sales and i agree some of us sales PEOPLE (better not say salesmen or else i`ll get salpped around) don`t have a clue, but all of us here have good knowledge of toyotas, we also do lexus and there is always a TTE kitted out car of some kind around, like just before x-mas we had a fully kitted out IS200 on 18" lowered by 30mm, back box and full TTE bodykit on it, plus we have a great partperson who loves cars with mod`s, like even today he has spent most of the morning looking up the TRD rear i`ve looking for, he will get you any TTE gear ya want. as for the work shop, my god, mk.1 mr2, fwd mk.2 celica, ae86 twin cam, 2 corolla levins fwd, 2 glanzas one turbo the other is a non turbo "S" and me a STANDARD yaris.

Perhaps I should arrange a mini-training session for all staff when I get there..... lol take my copy of Auto Express and my pointy stick and then charge them for my services.....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pionty stick?? :eek: You mean to say you don't have a Laser Pointer??... show some profesionalism please, after all you will be representing TOC. SoTOC :P

Give me a laser pointer then - the TOC budget doesnt allow for flash thingys like laser pointers! :D :D

Pionty stick?? :eek: You mean to say you don't have a Laser Pointer??... show some profesionalism please, after all you will be representing TOC. SoTOC :P

Give me a laser pointer then - the TOC budget doesnt allow for flash thingys like laser pointers! :D :D

You can have a lot more fun with a pointy stick, cant you Em ;)

Exactly! :D I can whack people who arent paying attention and poke the two in the back who keep chatting! :D :D

You cant do that with a laser - well apart from blinding them with it! :lol::lol:

Exactly!  :D  I can whack people who arent paying attention and poke the two in the back who keep chatting!  :D  :D

You cant do that with a laser - well apart from blinding them with it!  :lol:  :lol:

Ohhh I love masterfull women ;) :) ;)

Exactly!  :D  I can whack people who arent paying attention and poke the two in the back who keep chatting!  :D  :D

You cant do that with a laser - well apart from blinding them with it!  :lol:  :lol:

Ohhh I love masterfull women ;) :) ;)

Well I guess some might call me masterful..... :D :D

lads im in sales and i agree some of us sales PEOPLE (better not say salesmen or else i`ll get salpped around) don`t have a clue, but all of us here have good knowledge of toyotas, we also do lexus and there is always a TTE kitted out car of some kind around, like just before x-mas we had a fully kitted out IS200 on 18" lowered by 30mm, back box and full TTE bodykit on it, plus we have a great partperson who loves cars with mod`s, like even today he has spent most of the morning looking up the TRD rear i`ve looking for, he will get you any TTE gear ya want. as for the work shop, my god, mk.1 mr2, fwd mk.2 celica, ae86 twin cam, 2 corolla levins fwd, 2 glanzas one turbo the other is a non turbo "S" and me a STANDARD yaris.

Yes, my dealer a few months ago had a tricked up Red T2 on the carpet in the showroom just as you walked through the doors. Lowered, alloys, front splitter, side skirts, spoiler. It really did look the biz and belied its humble origin.

I asked about it and was told "Oh that, yeah. The lads thought they'd have a bit of fun with a standard Yaris!"

I could imagine any parents going in for a Corolla Verso, Prius or other higher grade model and having to drag their teenage son or daughter away from that mean looking Yaris! :drool::drool::drool:

In the end dealers are just people... some good, some bad (at their job, that is!) :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links