Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's In The Paint Shop

cfc1

Well.. My wee Yaris is in the paint shop.. whilst reversing into the Drive, which is very tight because of cars parked accross the street, my wife managed to put a nice set of scratches in the driver's rear door, she is a wee bit upset about it because of the amount of work put into the wee car, and feeling a little down in the mouth, i have told her not to worry about it as its only a car.I didn't get an opperchancity to take a picture of it, but the scratches are about 6" long , and are from top to bottom of the door, with a slight dent at the top too. :(

Cost??.. it's going to cost around £200 to put right, so for the time being, my plans to spruce the engine bay a little are put on hold. :(

Please don't wind my mrs up.. she feels bad enough, words of encouragement would help her though :thumbsup: .

Davy

That's true! Mrs Cfc only passed her test a wee while ago, didn't she? We all have these bumps and scrapes when we start ;)

A

Long ago (in a far off galaxy ;) ) I bent my parents' car in the afternoon of the day I'd passed my test. Then managed to go years without even a scratch. Made up for it more recently though.

200 quid to make the pain go away isn't that bad. It happens to us all. :thumbsup:

That's true! Mrs Cfc only passed her test a wee while ago, didn't she? We all have these bumps and scrapes when we start ;)

A

Yep.. she only passed her test in December... so you can imagine how she feels at the moment, it's her 1st mishap, but unlike me.. she admitted it was her fault, i would have said that the gate post jumped in front of me :lol:

A

Yep.. she only passed her test in December... so you can imagine how she feels at the moment, it's her 1st mishap, but unlike me.. she admitted it was her fault, i would have said that the gate post jumped in front of me :lol:

As it does! lol

Unlucky mate but at least you can get it sorted!! :thumbsup:

I know how she feels....

I put a "nice" (NOT) dent in my passenger door recently, as I went too quickly leaving a multi storey and kerbed the rear pass side wheel and the door met a metal shutter that was pushed to one side of the exit....

Needless to say I was not impressed :ffs:

Yeah accidents happen. Its only paint & metal!!!

Hope to see you at the scottish meet, if u aint there im sure there will be another one soon.

My cars in the paintshop too, getting the bumpers & bonnet done. Its meant to be back out on Friday but i doubt it.

Fingers crossed

Like my Dad said when I reversed Karis into a lamp post....

"It happens to the best of us"

Although he boasts to have never scraped a car in over 35 years - so I dont know how sincere he actually was..... :D :D

These things cant be helped mate, and indeed wise words from DA's father, it does happen to the best of us, chin up tho and live and learn from mistakes :thumbsup:

It does indeed happen to us all... within 2 months of driving my mums perfect, unblemished matiz, i give some friends a lift home and i start reversing before he's shut the door and i bent it against the fence post!

Could have been his leg! Thankfully, it could be bent back for £20 at local bodyshop!

i know ho she is feeling, my car got keyed to F :censor: :censor: k the other day, its goin in the paint shop in the next few days aswell!!

next job is to find who did it..... :ph34r::boxing:

Tom!!!

I can live with an accident happening but, deliberate vandalism?? i would wring the :censor: neck if i caught them. :censor:

yep deliberate vandalism alrite, it wouldnt have been so bad it it was just one side, but the went all round the car, only leaving 2 panels in tact, the bonnet and the boot, i couldnt believe it... they even did the F :censor: :censor: :censor: ing roof!!!\

I think i know who did it now tho so... :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Tom!!!!

yep deliberate vandalism alrite, it wouldnt have been so bad it it was just one side, but the went all round the car, only leaving 2 panels in tact, the bonnet and the boot, i couldnt believe it... they even did the F :censor:  :censor:  :censor: ing roof!!!\

I think i know who did it now tho so... :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Tom!!!!

That sucks Tom :angry: :ffs: your car looked so good the other week too,

when you was round ours :D

hope you did find who did it and give them a kicking from me too :boxing: :crutchy:

its such a nice area we live in aint it :ph34r:

hope all goes well in the bodyshop :thumbsup:

I'm a really placid gentle gal - wouldnt hurt a fly.....

Anyone dare touch my car though - I wouldnt be able to say what I'd do to them - but I know I'd go mental...... :eek:

Its just such a shame us law abiding folk have to live in the same world as the scummy so and sos who think its funny to do stuff like that.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links