Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Rev1 Vs Rev2

Guo

Rev1 or Rev2?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rev1 or Rev2?

• Rev1
    • Rev2

I am in the market for a rev1 or rev2. But haven't decided which one I want more. So any opinions you guys can offer would be appreciated. The reason I am not looking for a rev3+ is because I like the older look.

I own a Rev 1 but I voted Rev 2, purely because Toyota had sorted the handling issues out with the car with the Rev 2.

If you're looking for a cheap tubby, a Rev 1 is your best bet. You can pick them up for peanuts, and if you're going to replace the suspension componenets with uprated items, you'll end up with a better handling car than a Rev 2 anyway.

HTH. :thumbsup:

I own a Rev 1 but I voted Rev 2, purely because Toyota had sorted the handling issues out with the car with the Rev 2.

If you're looking for a cheap tubby, a Rev 1 is your best bet.  You can pick them up for peanuts, and if you're going to replace the suspension componenets with uprated items, you'll end up with a better handling car than a Rev 2 anyway.

HTH.  :thumbsup:

I have a REV 1 also, purely because thats what i saw in my price range at the time.

I was also looking for REV 1/2 wheni got my 2, but was more interested in condition, and millage and price over revision.

I have never driven another MR2, so cant comment on the handling, but you get used to what you drive, my Rev1 seams really good. but then i dont know how a rev 2 drives !?, if i drive a rev 2, id prob say mine handles really bad, so im not gonna !! lol

I've only had a little accidental sideways once, on the 2nd day i had the car !!! (not that i dont have to occasionaly side ways on purpose these days !! haha)

lots of peopel say REV1 = More fun !

As Earl says if you are gonna uprate your suspension then it wont matter all that muc any way ! (which im gonna)

Peasonally....id just take you pick.....cant be ALL that differnet ! :thumbsup:

rev 2s also have a better brake setup, 15 wheels instead of 14s.

but like its been said, go for condition not revision.

rev 2s also have a better brake setup, 15 wheels instead of 14s.

but like its been said, go for condition not revision.

You need to decide what you want your 2 for.

Are you going to drive it stock ! :wacko: if so, then go for the best rev you can !

Or

Are you going to Mod it ?? :D then wheels, suspension, engine components etc are going to go out the window after a short while, so it wont matter about your stock setup !

But be warned, dont start moding unless you are gonna carry on !! :P its like a bug, once you change one thing, thats it....you cant stop !!! haha

Rev1 cos I own one

Rev 1 - lighter, cheaper

Rev 2 - more refined, better brakes, safer

I know toyota changed the brakes on rev2 but I've not found my brakes to be bad ( havent used my car on track)

Mines got 15 rev 2 wheels so I don't know what its like on the standard 14s, looks much better on 15

I would just keep looking through the adverts and see what you can afford

I agree with boundsw ... if you want to keep it stock.. rev2 ... if not, then it doesn't really matter.

Can't really vote until I know what you want to do with the car. My motor is a rev1, but just look at it!!

thanks for the opinions so far guys. Well, I plan on keeping the car stock except adding rims (gotta have those). But who knows, I might change my mind in the long run and modify it. But for now I'm keeping it stock as much as possible.

Do you guys know what features are standard in Rev1, like power window, power door lock, etc.? I heard some Rev1 doesn't have cd player.

Likewise, what features are standard in Rev2? I hear some Rev2 comes with optional side impact bar. How would you determine if it does or not?

yeah mine was a rev 1 with just a tape player, but gettin a cd player wont cost much, you could even use this to knock a bit off the askin price?

owend one of each .. rev2 just for the better brakes/suspension ..

Rev 2 cos thats all I know, didnt know when I bought it though (should do my homework in the future, and yes I always say that :rolleyes: ) but I would have felt a little disapointed if I got a Rev 1 later to find that for the same sort of money I could have had better brakes and suspension as standard

REV 2 all ze way!

Why bother with smaller brakes, smaller wheels, mingin steering wheel, taller gear nob, higher ride height and so called 'Real drivers car' suspension'

Some rev 1 don't even have power steering!

But you're in the US so some of the stuff were probably options in the UK but std in the US i.e PAS.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter which revision you buy if you're going to mod it. As it's been said, the Rev 1 is lighter, but the Rev 2 has bigger brakes and better suspension, but for every day motoring, will you use those? Both are good, fun cars, with the potential to be real monsters.

It's purely down to your budget mucker. :thumbsup:

rev2 because have you ever looked at the cost of ugrading a full set of brakes.

To make a rev1 as good as a rev2 you'd need to buy new brakes, wheels, gearshifter & suspension.. bit of a big mod list just to get the car up to rev2 standard.

Rev 2 , as the turbo is even older on a rev 1 unless ofcause it hasnt been driven very much :P

I got a Rev 1, havn't driven a rev2, but I've changed my susp for a top adjustable kit neway, with Polyflex anti-roll bar bushes, so don't know how it'll handle against a Rev 2, but right now, it goes round corners like it runs on tracks!! Some asian guy offered me 1500 for her last night!! YEAH RIGHTTTTT. If you are interested in a near enuff sorted Rev 1, check mine out. WHOOPS, I didn't see you was in the US till just now, sorry!!

• 1 month later...

cause it's a poll, and when ppl vote, it goes back to the top ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links