Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight And Indicator Removal.

DazzaP

I am outside washing the car at the mo, and thought id spruce up the engine bay with a good wash. Noticed yet again the headlights and side repeaters that are full of green gunk. Thought id remove the headlights, and took out the two screws on each side and then ran into "difficulties" Theres a clip interfering with the whole affair.

I ran a search here and apparently the bumper needs to be removed too?! Is this hard, and would it be worth it just to give the car a good bath. See attached pics for idea of what im dealing with :thumbsup:

returnofthegreengunk8mt.th.jpg

greengunk8lm.th.jpg

Ewwww, looks like you've got a bit of moss build up. Very strange if you use the car often though. Have you tried using a very soft toothbrush (one for toddlers) dipped in car wash? Might be able to get inside the nooks and crannies. Failing that, buy a mascara brush from Boots - the little bristles should get in there nicely.

cant get lights off unless you take your bumper off! dont bother....

indicators, either push towards the front and pull out! or it may be that you have to push towards the rear end of car, cant remember. obviously its one of the two and you will figure it out.

ta da :yes:

Oh thanks for the help.

No doubt the growth is me mums fault, i only passed the driving test there last month, and she had the car before that and never washed it so no doubt its the cause of the gunk.

We have a jet washer here at home so i will hit it up with that. Supposed to do it few weeks back, then got sick etc etc.

Sucks, washing the car makes me want it lowered, alloys, morrette lights and black rear light. Oh and a full respray in flat black, and the several dings fixed.

:censor: I need a job.

ive got the same thing on my side repeaters. but its kinda built up where the seems are inside of the lamp which u cant get at. and i dont think the lense comes apart??? im tempted on buyin a new set

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links