Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Fault

lappy

i have a yaris about 3 years old and have had many problems with the radio

having to be replaced due to water getting inside the car ( i think through the aereal) anyone else had any similar problems regarding water inside the car

and if so how they fixed it.

hmmm strange, not heard that one before on a yaris.

why dont u just wack an aftermarket head unit in there. will sound soooooooooo much better

hm, strange, cant say ive ever heared of this, what did MR T say about it

chris does have a good point however until the problem is fixed and sure that is gone away no point replacing headunit least the stoc one is under guarantee

No I've never heard of water getting in through the aerial...that should('ve) been covered under the warranty tho I think as it's a fault with the build.

ok thanks anyway, the warrenty does cover it until july but the last time the water got in when they took the old radio out they literally poured water out of it.

this will be the 4th time its been in for the same thing, but if nobody has has the same problem i guess its not a general fault. thanks again.

wheres the heater matrix in a yaris??

ive seen this happen beofre but due to the matrix been buggered and leaking water down the back of the dash

yves might know?

My aerial is slightly loose but not enough for water getting in. For it to get to the headunit, it would have to travel all the way down the pillar at the front of the car by the door then across to the headunit, i don't think its physically possible for it to be coming from the aerial!! Surely it would end up in the footwell if anywhere?????

But yeah, Yves is the man to ask!

If the water is following the route of the cable from the aerial, then it is possible, i believe.

It'd be the same idea as water running down the outside of your car - it doesn't just bounce off, it runs down it.

I assume that the Phase 1 Yaris has an aerial at the front of the car then?

My P2 has it at the back.

Coincidence that Toyota moved the aerial?

wheres the heater matrix in a yaris??

just in front of the centre console, the top of the heater matrix is about level with the top of the gearstick at a guestimate, so that would be under the actual radio unit, and it's enclosed in the heater box unit as good as against the firewall.

I doubt however this would come through the arial seeing the path the arial cable follows and with the amount of water that would have to leak through.

Yves.

sounds to me that there's a seal fault , possibly on the windscreen.

There;s no way that water should 'pour out' of a head unit due to ingress from the aerial.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links