Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Modifications

Assie

look at my new bumper... i had it modded (non intentionally of course) have a look at the photos, it's a beaut!!

:censor:

crashedyarry01.jpg

crashedyarry02.jpg

crashedyarry04.jpg

crashedyarry03.jpg

had a bus veer into my lane... he was trying to turn right while driving through my rear end!! nice one!

reported it to the police, i think it was a MK Metro bus, so i'll phone them tomorow morning!! what's the next step (sorry, i'm new to having accidents). phone direct line, take it to a garage??

Assie

Flippin 'eck!

Well, if you want to claim on it, then it's phone the insurers.

Nothin a bodyshop can't fix tho, so if it's driveable, get a quote from them.

New rear bumper obviously, but check the brackets, etc as well underneath.

The police won't want to know..and won't get involved unless someone was injured.

First immediate course of action is to inform your insurers.

did you get the bus drivers details? did they stop? get a Registration number

if not...what time did it happen..where were you..ie you can find out which bus uses that route...and the driver at the time, if you didn't get the details on the spot.

Don't bother with the garage for now..that will be sorted through the insurance.

If you didn't get any details of the 3rd party...and you can't prove it was a bus etc..and who it was...then loking at the damage..you'd be better off coughing up rather than letting the insurace cover it.

The bumper..sure needs replacing...and the rear wing is a little scratched..but easily fixable. Probably get it all done for around £3-400 which in the long run..is probably better than losing your no claims..high premiums in the near future etc...plus you probably have around £150 excess to pay anyway.

Vipes

Get a "crime" number or accident report number from the police... then contact your insurance company, give them as much info as you can... they will tell you what to do from there as regards fixing the car.

As for the bus.... find out the name of the company, and report it to them too.. you may also want their insurance details ( but your insurance company may get them themselves).. look on the bright side, your ok.

crashedyarry03.jpg

The sratch on the panel here is similar the the scratches on my back door , from mrs cfc1's little escascrape the other day... i get mine back tomorrow :)

If they did not stop would that not be "hit and run" in which case the police would be involved!

i would act sooner than later as they could investigate any damage done to any busses and its pretty clear what colour the vehicle that hit you was!

Good luck

CB

Oh no!! :( thats such a shame...

Definately report it to the Police as hit and runs are a crime, but be aware that often buses just do not feel the impact as the size of the vehicle absorbs the impact. Do you have witnesses?

As for Directline they will try and make a recovery from the bus company of their "outlay"..in simpler terms that means they repair the vehicle themselves and the money is paid for by them, you will pay your excess to the repairers too. Directline will then go to the Buses insurers and try to get their money back, if for some reason this cannot happen..i.e the bus driver fights liability and Directline's claim isnt successful then that will leave the claim outstanding on your policy and you will loose some (or maybe all) of your NCB depending on your policy also your excess too.

You should report the claim to Directline even if you do not wish to claim for your damages (report it as info only)..is it driveable? You may also want to try approaching the bus company's insurers directly (or even the bus depot) to see if they will deal with you directly and save including your insurers..quite often insurers will be glad to deal with someone like you directly as they can control the claim better.

Hope that helps

Blue

If none of the brackets are damaged you can get a new rear bumper for around £80 and get it resprayed and fitted (not at Toyota) for prolly £80-£100.

Same happened to me :)

Ermm, look where the damage is and now think where the bus driver was sat so off course he/she knew they hit you but didn't stop at the scene so it's a hit and run full stop. You've contacted the police already but tbh they won't be that bothered/to busy on serious crime <_< so give the bus company a ring saying you have been hit by a bus and have contacted the police as it's a hit and run case. They usually will just give you their insurance detail's and once that is done give their insurance company a bell who will arrange for your car repair asap with the added bonus of you not having to pay your policy excess and no need to report it as a no fault claim ;)

^^ What they all said!^^

Looks pretty harsh - but hey, at least its your car thats been hit by a bus and not you!

Should be pretty easy to sort out - this is not a good time for Yota drivers and accidents at the moment.... :(

Hope it gets sorted soon! :thumbsup:

thanks for all of the replies people!! well, i phoned my local bus depot asking whether they have any yellow buses, they said they had 4 school buses (but obviously not running at 7:15pm). they said try MK Metro. here's a photo of an MK Metro bus btw:

http://www.askmk.com/mkmetro/fleet/bus51.jpg

notice the blue, and the yellow!!

Apparently, they have a route round where i was driving, so i'll phone them up asking whether any accidents have been reported and who was driving down that road at that time!! (i phoned last night, and this morning, but their office doesn't open till monday now).

Hope to get this sorted soon

Assie

Apparently, they have a route round where i was driving, so i'll phone them up asking whether any accidents have been reported and who was driving down that road at that time!! (i phoned last night, and this morning, but their office doesn't open till monday now).

Offices never seem to be open when you need them.... its a right booger!

Let us know on Monday what happens....

After reading this... it's time for a rant....

I REALLY F**KING Hate buses, bus drivers and everything to do with them.

In all my life, iv experienced 3, yes, 3, nice bus drivers. By that, i mean they actually say hello when you get on, or they stop if they see you running. And iv been on a lot of buses.

Another thing that annoys me is that yes, i know it's in the highway code to let buses pull out, and i do... when they f**king indicate! Or when they indicate before pulling out. Also, when you're already going past them... and they know it... they decide to move over, or they attempt to speed up to force you into oncoming cars or bollards.

They carry around far too many chavvy tw@'s, they make more pollution than a friggin' fleet of Enzo's and yet every government or politocal party wants more of them!!!

Also, when you have to catch a bus (and i avoid this like the plague) they are NEVER on time... EVER!! And then they have the cheek to display a huge sticker saying 'Every 10 Minutes' ... My big fat hairy ar*e every ten mins... it's like having a sign saying... 'Hahahahaha! I know you've stood in the freezing cold and pi**ing rain for an hour, so im laughing in your face... you miserable bast**d! OF COURSE im F**KING miserable... im paying £1.50 to go three f**king miles! You can get a plane to barcelona for a pound! (and not a pound you s**t) one proper metal pound!!

Also.... they stink, they blow gargantuant amonts of diseasel smog into your cabin and they move at 3mph (granted that's not strictly their fault... they weigh more than me after eating a pizza ffs!) but c'mon... some of the drivers love it... iv seen buses fly... iv been on buses flying... i nearly s**t myself! there's Yaris's, Mini's Mondeo's... parting the lanes in front, been strewn onto the pavements... they're all f**king mad!!!!

Sorry if anybod knows a bus driver and they're lovely, but from my experience, they're all jumped up tossers who love the fact they can bully the world because they massive things that can evade the law nearly all the time.

Plus... bus drivers don't care (that's why you've been hit love) because it doesn't cost them... i was on a coach once and there was a car slightly in the way... so rather than jiggle the coach a bit to fit around the bend... he just smashed the car out of the way... my dad was sat at the front gobsmacked... all the guy said was... not my problem... aint my bus, aint my car. What a f**king loser.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but im sure you've guessed... i Really f**king hate buses... they really do bring out the worst in me.

Hope you get it sorted soon Assie... if not, i'll glady burn the f**king bus depot down... less buses = less pollution = less scallys being transported from estate to easte = happier Graham!!

P.S. It's probably my fault i hate buses and their drivers, i mean... i do live in leeds!

Have you had a bad night Graham??? (Its not like you to rant ;) )

Have you had a bad night Graham??? (Its not like you to rant ;) )

Not at all...! Cheeky beggah! hehe! Nah, i just really hate buses, and this story struck a nerve!

Assie mate - that sucks ... if the bumper needs replacing its not the end of the world. I had a new one recently.

I also had very similar scratches etc on my wing - Chipsaway in Wellingborough will be able to help - they're pretty decent guys - 01933227733. At minimum give them a bell and get a quote. They're open weekends and it might be worth mentioning me - the scottish guys with the modded yaris...

PM me if you want more details - happy to help...

Seever........pmsl.

Quick heads up though, Paul ( Christine And Paul - MR2 = Bus driver ! )

Gambo - YTS = Bus Driver.

lovely people.......I'm sure you weren't referring to them !

Rich

hello people, phoned up MK Metro! the lady didn't know of any accidents, so she is looking into it and is going to get back to me!!

Hey Clarky, my yaris ownership is going well so far ay? hehe. will this chipsaway place fix all of this and maybe colour code my wing mirrors do you think? I fancy treating my car!!

Good oppurtunity to lose the parking sensors? colour code the boot pull maybe? I know i shouldn't be thinking like this right now, but my Yarry needs spoiling (yarry is now officially the name of my car) :P

Arron

def call the police! DEFINITLY!! if he didnt stop its a hit and run. failure to stop at an accident is a very serious thing, if you dont get an accident report all the bus company have to do is fix their bus and pretend it enver happened and that your lieing, so get some coppers in on it

For your information when my mum lost the details of a taxi driver who ran into the back of her, the local council were very keen to help out and even went through a load of photos of taxi drivers to try and identify him. Im sure you will be able to get your car sorted soon. :thumbsup:

No doubt the bus in question has half of your cars paint on it as well so it may be an idea to have a drive up to the bus depot and speak to their office if they have noticed any damage to their buses.

Best of luck

Rob :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links