Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Useful Utility...

Jesus

Some of you may be interested in this...

This program allows you to recover deleted files from your PC, even when you're Recycle Bin is emptied.

As you may know, the file is simply marked with the attribute to overwrite.

There is less chance of this working after consecutive reboots, software installation etc etc, as there is always the chance that the file has been over-written.

However, I used this utility on Friday to recover a friend's really important coursework (it was that important she hadn't backed it up :rolleyes: ). The good thing about this software is that it doesn't install a whole load of files to your PC and then require a reboot... so therefore, more chance of recovering if it's only just happened.

Simply run the executable and extract the files to a suitable location... preferably on a separate disk/partition to reduce risk of over-writing the files you wish to recover.

From the unzipped location, run the executable 'Restoration.exe', select the drive/partition you wish to search on (including USB drive, ZIP drive & other external storage devices) and click the 'Search for Deleted Files' button.

It worked an absolute treat for me, and sincerely recommend any PC nerd (myself included) to have in their collection of useful utilities.

It is freeware, so no worries about licensing for all you conscientious people out there... ;)

.: Click here for download :.

To give credit where credit's due...

"Restoration is a freeware program by Brian Kato that restores deleted files that are no longer in the Recycle Bin. The good news is that it works not only on Windows 9x versions, but also on Windows NT, 2000, and XP — even in NTFS! It fits neatly on a floppy, since it is only 406 KB in size (and the Windows 2000/XP version is less than half that size), but you can also run it from your hard drive."

Hope you find it useful...

:thumbsup:

I got given a bit of software 2 years ago that was very similar. I accidently deleted some photos after I thought I'd burned them to CD and then emptied my trash.

The software found and restored the photos, but unfortunately most of them were "damaged" (pixilated/striped with odd colours/blackouts etc...) :(

And that was a bit of software the police were meant to be using to find files on criminals computers :ffs:

I wonder if this software is any better? Anyone tested it yet? :)

Yeah... I've tested it, and it works fine.

I work for the Ministry of Defence, and it's better than some of the software we have for doing stuff like that.

Try it... what have you got to lose? You can only gain!

:ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links