Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spotted A Soarer Today

knowlson

I was driving to work today saw a very nice black soarer big time modified. Massive Sard wing on the back lowered big rims and a carbon bonnet I think.

I was on the A23 heading towards coulsdon, surrey is it anyone on here or on LOC?

I was driving to work today saw a very nice black soarer big time modified. Massive Sard wing on the back lowered big rims and a carbon bonnet I think.

I was on the A23 heading towards coulsdon, surrey is it anyone on here or on LOC?

Nice man,

I love Soarers! :P

Soarers Totally rock :D

Very underared car!!

I want one :D

If the owners is a forum user, chances are he will be on TIF (Toyota imports forum) good bunch there!!! They are the result of the LSOC forums shutting down

saw a few soarers at the last scottish toc meet. Nice cars, and very underated.

I seriously didn't expect them to be as quick as they were!!

The soarer is basicly an "executive" supra.

Same engine as the late mk3 2.5 TTs pretty much the same chassis as a mk4, (slightly longer wheelbase) and less "in your face" styling.

side by side rolling start with a stock mk4 supra, they are neck on neck, in some cases the soarer has advantage with its shorter stroke engine, in some cases the supra has advantages with its sequential turbos...

The 1JZ engine cost more to build then the 2jz! they went a bit silly with it and soon replaced it with the 2 as if has less machined componants, and was not specced to use such high grade alloys etc.

Just a shame 70% of the soarers in the uk are in "duck sh :censor: green"

I didn't rate them highly until I went to Jap show i think @pod last year.

There was a White/Mother of pearl with gold wheels I think and

what I thought was a useless small bonnet port/vent.

It was there for a reason because it really shifted up the strip.

I've got a question about the Soarers: Could you buy them there with V8s? In the United States you could get one with either the big 6 (Lexus SC300) or a very nice 4.0l V8 (Lexus SC400). Like This

The six seems to be more popular with modders here, but there are a few fast V8 ones around too.

I've always been fond of the car and it's style.

I do love the Soarer. Seriously thinking about a V8 as a second car - its all about the TV :lol:

I have to argue with you though Charlie about the performance of a soarer, im sure they are very quick but neck and neck with a mk4 tt i dont see how it keeps up ;)

500cc down, all that extra weight, less airodynamic, luxury ecu vs supras proper sports map, smaller injectors( well compared to a uk spec), non-sequential system...

:thumbsup:

Lee... you would say that ;)

Soarer engines:

2.5 i6 Twin turbo (the fast one)

3.0 i6 N/A (the slow one)

4.0 V8 (the luxury one!)

The TVs are rubbish, they don;t work over here, and the touch screen air con etc is a pain in the :censor:

All I can say is I miss mine!!! (I have had 2 twin turbos)

Lee... you would say that ;)

Soarer engines:

2.5 i6 Twin turbo (the fast one)

3.0 i6 N/A (the slow one)

4.0 V8 (the luxury one!)

The TVs are rubbish, they don;t work over here, and the touch screen air con etc is a pain in the  :censor:

All I can say is I miss mine!!! (I have had 2 twin turbos)

:lol: Sorry dude, being a MK4 TT owners it is my duty ;)

It'll be the V8 i get for sure. Its possible to get the TV working over here though isnt it...with the right convertors... :unsure:

The TV is easier to get working then the sat nav ;) the entire lot all working is tricky I believe!

I didn't rate them highly until I went to Jap show i think @pod last year.

There was a White/Mother of pearl with gold wheels I think and

what I thought was a useless small bonnet port/vent.

It was there for a reason because it really shifted up the strip.

the white soarer at japshow last year had the 2jgte supra lump in it..bit nice!!!!!

Sure it wasa 2jz-gte???

they came stock with a 2JZ-GE so the conversion is easy.... but they also came stock with a 1JZ-GTE which is often confused with the 2jz!

So it is!

I know they do it a fair bit in america with the SC300s as they had no twin turbo version avaliable out there!

never seen a true "soarer" 2jz-GTE before!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links