Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Tuning

SAMURAI_COROLLA

I have had my '95 1.3 corolla se sportif for 2 weeks now, i know a bit but not much. i aint got the biggest wage packet but am willing to spend everything to have a fairly respectable car. i am interested pretty much soley in performance, i dont really care what my car looks as long as its fast. i need help on what to get and where to get it.

any help is good help cheers

Max

Hi mate, Welcome to TOC.

sounds like you've already got a fairly respectable car!

Don't know much about the Rolla myself, but I'm sure that someone will have something a bit more positive to tell you

Meanwhile, sit back, put your feet up and make yourself at home

Rich

Firstly, look at changing the standard filtration system with either a K&N or similiar. Make sure you get a good source of cold air into the filter. If this is done properly you'll notice a good difference in throttle response and in the rev range, with a tiny amount of bhp increase.

Next would be to replace the standard exhuast system, I advise getting this custom made to your requirements, be careful some aftermarket setups can even hinder performance. look at either de-catting the car, adding a performance 4-2-1 manifold again on your particular model possibly custom made is the route to take I'm afraid.

Piper or Kent could knock you up a set of cams custom designed and tunned to your specs for around £300. Dastek's can be setup on a r/r for around £200, purchase price is usually around £200 for these units.

Now you've got your some better peformance, lower the car on uprated shocks and lowering springs, add a front strut brace and possibly a rear one also.

Get a set of performance brake discs and pads, change the brake lines to goodridge s/s hoses and you'll have a very respectable tunned rolla.

Cost breakdown

Cold air induction filter setup £50-£100 including cold air hoses.

Exhuast system £300-£400

manifold and decat £300-£400

Cams £300

Dastek £200

brakes £100 (check eBay for these)

suspension £500 x4 koni's x4 apex lowering springs

good set of uprated tyres £150

final R/R tune would probably be around £200+

total: £2,100 ish (obviously you may not be able to do this all at once)

If you go the full way, make sure you have the engine parts setup in one go to ensure the engine can be properly set up, this way you'll avoid several trips to the rolling road for setting each part up as it's fitted.

Not sure what the 1.3 is at standard factory performance, but you will see a massive difference doing the above N/A tunning.

hope that helps, btw welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Kev

Thank you to you both firstly for the very warm welcome and the tuning tips.

i have already got a cold air induction setup i made myself with a pipercross cone filter and carbon ducting, i also have lowered the car by 35mm with just springs and my next step was going to be uprated brakes, could you suggest a make that are fairly respectable and yet not going to empty my pocket.

cheers boys

wouldnt mind some of them, and at that price you cant really argue.

cheers mate and if there is anything else you might think of please post it.

cheers again

P.s. wat u driving??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links