Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

24/03/2005 - Nurburgring Convoy

Bibbs

Okay, who is comming to Reading and leaving VERY early on Thursday (Don't wanna get stuck in rush hour M25).

Ferry leaves @ 10.00am on Thursday, 24th.

returns @ 16.45pm on sunday, 27th.

We *NEED* to be there for 9:00am .. so leaving Reading about 7:00am at the latest.

And remember the following.

1. A Map (or GPS)

2. Hi-Vis Jackets

3. GB stickers (and light deflectors)

4. Passport

5. Norfolk Line Referance Number.

it's make more sence for me to meet you guys there!

i might see if theres somewhere we could meet up before we all get on the ferry...

other than that i will just look out for a bunch toyota driving nutters :P

Tim :thumbsup:

1. A Map (or GPS)

2. Hi-Vis Jackets

4. Passport

Think you need your insurance documents also dude

what about your Driving license?

also whats the deal with insurance?

Yep you need your driving license also. You just had them to the person in the booth before you get on the ferry thats it and then you get them checked on the way back also :thumbsup:

Me and Alan will probably meet at yours in the Morning Ben, failing that, if its ok with you, use your sofa's as resting places for the evening?

Yep you need your driving license also. You just had them to the person in the booth before you get on the ferry thats it and then you get them checked on the way back also :thumbsup:

Don't forget your V5 ;)

Me and Alan will probably meet at yours in the Morning Ben, failing that, if its ok with you, use your sofa's as resting places for the evening?

Does that mean your coming dude? :D

1. A Map (or GPS)

2. Hi-Vis Jackets

4. Passport

And

Licence

Insurance

V5

E111

Anything else?

E111 form

Here's a download for the E111 form download it, fill it out and hand it in to the post office :thumbsup:

Btw once we leave the ferry, who knows how to get there LOL,

are Hi-Vis Jackets nessary?

tim :thumbsup:

Yeah you need the jacket unfortunately.

I do believe Mr Bibbings has been there before so guess we will follow him ;)

But i have a spankin new 05 Europe map, if need be i can 'try' to lead the way :lol:

I have a Tom tom go... so fingers crossed we get there :thumbsup:

Oh what's deal with light deflectors? i doubt i could buy 'sera ones' off the self! any ideas chaps?

Tim :help:

Oh what's deal with  light deflectors? i doubt i could buy 'sera ones' off the self! any ideas chaps?

Are you going from Dover Tim?

The light deflectors are just a little stick on piece that goes on the lens of the lights, they (as far as I am aware) aren't car specific ..

I think it's probably easier to drive to dover than meet you guys as it would be quite abit out of my way :(

thanks about those stickers i will go to my local halfrauds and have a look :thumbsup:

Oh what's deal with  light deflectors? i doubt i could buy 'sera ones' off the self! any ideas chaps?

Magnetic GB sign plus light deflectors £7.99 for the twin pack from Halfords and it's say's it cover's projector lights as well :thumbsup:

I think it's probably easier to drive to dover than meet you guys as it would be quite abit out of my way :(

thanks about those stickers i will go to my local halfrauds and have a look :thumbsup:

Cool, well if all is ok with you then, we may convoy with you from the other side of the ferry as you have Tom Tom Go .. saves a whole lot of map reading :P

Yeah you need the jacket unfortunately.

No need for them in France, Belgium or Germany.

In Belgium a warning triangle, a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit is compulsory. Speed limit on Motorways is 120 km/h (75 MPH). Lots of speed cams and unmarked police cars, speeding fines upto 3000 Euro (£ 2000). Use and possession of radar detection devices forbidden (they'll simply impound the car!).

In France only a warning triangle is compulsory if the car hasn't got working warning blinkers. Speed limits on Motorways are 130 km/h (80 MPH) or 110 km/h (70 MPH) in bad weather. About the same as Belgium for speeding fines and radar detection devices.

Also keep your distance, 72 meters on Motorways. There are white stripes painted on the side of Motorways as a guide, 2 stripes equal the correct distance. The fine is 75 Euro (£ 50) and coppers are really anal about it!

The French governement is currently carrying out tests for Daytime Running Lights so you'll need to leave your headlights on all day, although no fines are issued.

In Germany a warning triangle and a first aid kit are compulsory. Some sections of the Autobahnen have a 130 km/h (80 MPH) speed restriction now. When overtaking and someone signals to overtake in front of you, you have to let them go first.

For the headlight deflectors you can use black electrical tape, you need to tape of the lights so that the bit that goes upwards to the left is blocked out. On most cars you'll see on the glass or on the reflector where you should tape them off, it'll be the part on the left side when looking at the headlamps.

And drive on the wrong side of the road :D and most of all have a good time at the 'Ring! :thumbsup:

Yves.

Nice one Yves :thumbsup:

So how about some concrete details for meeting Thursday morning?

Unless Ben has already thought of something i was gonna suggest meeting at PC World in Reading at about 6am :)

And i MEAN 6am :lol: not 6:05 :P :lol:

Will take just over 2hrs driving 'sensibly' and we need to take into account holdups etc

Rather be there early :thumbsup:

Shame you're not coming ed!!

Well Alan suggested a good meeting place, you know the MCI building off of junction 11? there is a huge, very picturesque place we can meet and its easy to get to and you can't miss it!

(plus we can take some "beginning of the ring" photos ;) )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership