Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De Badging

YarisAsh

Im gonna try and de Badge my yaris 2morrow, and just wanna know if any of you have done this befor and how easy it was to do, is it just a case of peeling them off carefully and getting the black sticky off and giving it a wax?? cheers guys, ash

It should work by heating the Badge up with a hairdryer, then using some fishing line or dental floss behind the Badge to break the glue.

Then you would probabally need some white spirit or something to remove the rest of the glue.

I think you will find the front Badge has 2 small pins so you will be left with 2 small holes. I think Jaxx did this and then got them filled and it looked really good - anyway might be wrong - sure someone will confirm either way.

Yeah - they wall come off without holes being left apart from the front one ...

My new bonnet doesnt have one and I think that it looks better for it ..

Yeah it leaves hole in the bonnet but im not sure about the badges on the boot. Can someone confirm this please as i mite de-badge the boot

The ones on the boot are just stuck on.. heat them up with a hairdryer (as said above) and they will come off without leaving any holes.

Yeah back 1's are stuck on, heat up and peel off but the front Badge leaves 2 holes.

For the people with T-Sports, take off every rear Badge apart from the T-Sport 1, would look sweet then! :thumbsup:

For the people with T-Sports, take off every rear badge apart from the T-Sport 1, would look sweet then! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: thats what ive done, dont mind the old ts bage on rear, yest had to go

Debadged my SR not too long ago and this was done using a couple of kettles of hot water and easing the badges back gently, and then using some colour coded T Cut which really is great for getting rest of glue off!!!

nick

Leave it on the street. Someone will eventually do it for you. :angry:

Me? Bitter? Noooo. It's OK. Over it. Car sold back to Mr T ;)

They're right. Front Badge has two pins so it will leave two holes if you remove bonnet Badge. They're not that small either! Bodyshop should be able to give you a reasonable quote if you want to go full frontal nekkid. :o

Shop around :thumbsup:

is it really that easy? I'd like to debadge too...simply...as the badges take chunks out of my sponges when I wash her! ( an no T-sport Badge :-( )

Exactly how long do you need to warm the glue up? does the glue become really soft...ie..you simple slip fishing wire say right under neath and it cuts through easily?

Vipes...

is it really that easy?  I'd like to debadge too...simply...as the badges take chunks out of my sponges when I wash her! ( an no T-sport badge :-(  )

Exactly how long do you need to warm the glue up?  does the glue become really soft...ie..you simple slip fishing wire say right under neath and it cuts through easily?

Vipes...

Just heat it up with a hair dryer for not very long at all (half a minute to a minute?). Then use dental floss (fishing wire may scratch the paint if your not careful) to cut the Badge away. If you find it hard to cut away just heat it up some more. Pick the excess glue off with your fingers. Wash and polish!

The best bit about de-badging (apart from the look) is that its sooooo much easier to clean!

Im gonna try and de badge my yaris 2morrow, and just wanna know if any of you have done this befor and how easy it was to do, is it just a case of peeling them off carefully and getting the black sticky off and giving it a wax?? cheers guys, ash

Suppose im being cheeky here but i removed the rear one and kept the front, peeps think its a 1 litre or summat, hehe

Suppose im being cheeky here but i removed the rear one and kept the front, peeps think its a 1 litre or summat, hehe

Who's building a sleeper then? :thumbsup:

Who's building a sleeper then? :thumbsup:

Sorry mate i dont know what you mean? :lol:

A "sleeper" is when you have a car that looks like a basic model (in this case a 1.0) but is, in fact, one with the fastest engine.

Basiocally, having a T-Sport but taking off the skirts and spoilers and putting steels on it - it will look like a 1.0 from the outside but will go like stink.

A

A "sleeper" is when you have a car that looks like a basic model (in this case a 1.0) but is, in fact, one with the fastest engine.

Basiocally, having a T-Sport but taking off the skirts and spoilers and putting steels on it - it will look like a 1.0 from the outside but will go like stink.

A

Ah i see, yeah thats what i want i just removed the t sport Badge but kept the rest on.

Just de-badged it, looks awesome! got 2 blisters from trying 2 get the glue off tho! the hairdryer and dental floss worked a treat and after t-cutting it u cant even tell they were ther! if u find it hard 2 get the glue off use a little bit of nail polish remover, but make sure u wash it after! ash

ONly badge I have left is the toyota one with horns on the rear ... well I like it!

i like it too :P

clarky i have badges everywhere :wacko:

people do things cheap so i have to advertise :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links