Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The London Eye

Robie

Should it be made a permanent structure?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be made a permanent structure?

• Yes
    • No

yeah and it was a bag of crap. all that money to go up was a joke. ive seen a lot more impressive things. e.g grand canyon.

you seem to be forgetting that it was the only half decent project for the millennium though. Remember the Dome????? I reckon that the wheel should stay.

Don't really see how you can compare it with the Grand Canyon though. Nomatter how impressed you were with it, it's still just a naturally occuring hole in the ground, not an engineered attraction.

Middlesbrough council are going to fill in some potholes near my house. Bet you don't write to THEM and complain !

touchy touchy :P ok the the stratosphere in lasvegas. the london eye maybe a big fairground ride, but it hasn't got 3 at the top of it, damn the lift to go to the top is scary about 128 floors in around 35 seconds.

Don't really see how you can compare it with the Grand Canyon though. Nomatter how impressed you were with it, it's still just a naturally occuring hole in the ground, not an engineered attraction.

Middlesbrough council are going to fill in some potholes near my house. Bet you don't write to THEM and complain !

I've been on the London Eye four times including one trip with visibility to the Alexandra Palace and another in the night to see London illuminated. It was excellent and should certainly be kept permanently. I'm an Engineer and really appreciate the work and effort that went into designing and constructing it.

I've also been fortunate enough to visit the Grand Canyon, Niagara and dive on the Great Barrier Reef. Their beauty and incredible scale just defy my ability to describe them, but they were wonderful.

I think that the London Eye will continue to be admired and succesful although I doubt it will stand out in history as a feat of human Engineering achievement as much as the Egyptian Pyramids.

If you have ever stood on the top of the forth rail bridge.. you will know what a good veiw is!!. as for engineering.. considering when it was built, it's amazing. The eye doesn't come close... it's just a pity that Railtrack aren't looking after it properly :(.

forthrail2.jpg

Forth-RailBridge.jpg

All this beauty.. and only 10 mins from my house :).. you won't get veiws like that from the Eye.. would you?

If it stays it stays.. if it goes it goes.. i couldn't care less.. but to me it serves no purpose other than that of a glorified ferris wheel.

We've got this one. An Engineering Masterpiece

transporter.jpg

Did you know that Skoda made the central hub for the London Eye.

crockadile shoooes!!!........ er.. i agree with CFC whats so great to look at in london? ive never been a city person and i just hate the places, theres nothing great about concrete and brick.

I too prefer another place than london. Hoever I disagree with your statement that there is nothing great about concrete and brick.

oxford-aerialL.JPEG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links