Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Mini Meet

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

Well what can i say. It was a good turn out. So many different faces to put names too. And wow the standard of cars where really high too. Like said in the earlier post the weather was a bit of a let down but a few of us managed to brave the weather and come along to the meet.

Day started off meeting up on the motorway services at junction 15a. where we set off for a nice steady pace to Santa pob. Arriving there we meet up with Steve and wife Rachel in his hugh Hilux Surf. What a beast of a car.

We also had a special visit from kimi and mark who decided to come along to are mini meet well done :thumbsup: Not forgetting Biffstergray who always seems to travel the distances all the time. Also lee and his mate mark i think thats his name? There was Garreth and Garrick and Richard who's just a great laugh a minute ;) And Gnome sorry i didn't get your name ;)

The day consist of watch various cars go down the strip hitting there rev limiter all the time to are amusement. And the awesome jet engine cars as well. I must state there was a funny car that did the 1/4 run in 8 sec's which i was really impressed with as the sumo powered skyline could never reach that :thumbsup: And has had thousand of pounds thrown at the engine.

Once we could stand no more of the cold 9 of us went on to the meal which i must say was very nice. Here we meet up with Nicola in her lovely Subaru impreza.

Overall it was a great day and the weather didn't put the hard core toc's off :group-cuddles: Fair play. Sorry if i've missed any name out :rolleyes:

And now here's a few pictures of the day

click here and enjoy

cheers jerry!! :thumbsup:

Yep. A great day despite the weather.

I arrived at the services at 8am only to meet a soon-to-be newbie, Rob with a white N/A Rev2 MKII MR2 who had already been parked up for a little while.

We were shortly joined by Lee (knightrider) in his Nice Yaris T-port and his mate T Bar Steve in the Blue Rev1 MKII MR2 with a unique low rise headlight kit. Richard also put in a surprise appearance using his usual excuse: “I wasn’t going to confirm in case I didn’t make it and let you guys down”…

Soon we had 10 cars ready to convoy to Santa Pod. We left at 8:40 as we had promised Steve (stevetubbyturbo) that we would meet him at the Pod at 9am.

The convoy over to the Pod was sedate and well behaved as some of the roads our route followed have frequent visitings by our local constablurary in the form of mobile camera units and unmarked cars. I think the only dodgy moment was me having to swerve around a pot-hole (that turned out to be larger than life) and avoid an oncoming car on a very bumpy B-road (new pants please).

We regrouped at Santa Pod and parked up alongside the strip where we met Steve, his wife and the monster pimped Hi-Lux. After a bit of banter, a few more cars showing up, people soon went of in groups to get food/coffee or go trackside to watch events unfold from the start line. Another surprise visit was Kimi and her fiancé Mark – thanks for coming guys!

There were funny-cars, hotrods, dragsters, roadbikes, drag bikes, minibikes and then everyday roadcars (mostly modded) seeing what they could do ¼ mile runs in. There was some good sights with the fastest bike (we saw) of the day doing the quarter mile in well under 10 seconds and crossing the line at 156mph. And of course the rocket car crossing theline in just a little over 6 seconds and at 250+ miles an hour. Unfortunately, none of our bunch fancied chancing damage to clutch or driveshaft by putting their car on the strip. Next time.

We eventually left the Pod at 3pm when we just couldn’t take any more of the cold and headed to the Billing Mill just next door to the Billing Aquadrome (where JAE used to be held). We met up with Nicola in her Scooby Terzo Impreza. More banter unfolded over a mix of light snacks and heavier meals (I think Steve is not going to want to eat for the rest of this week).

At around 5pm we went outside to take the last photos of the day and then to disperse our separate ways.

On the notorious A45 just before some of us Northampton locals needed to exit the dual carriage way and just after a reduction in the speed limit (a nice spot for mobile speed trap cameras). Richard crept up along side me (I didn’t notice) and took a photo. I nearly poo’d myself as I was doing 65 in a 60 and all I saw from the side was a flash. Bastid! – I’ll get you next time Rich!

Mark who was travelling with Kimi did something similar, but I had already slowed to below 60 so wasn’t so freaked out.

A really good meet. Was good to put new faces to new names and we hope to see all of you at the next one!

I would like to give Jerry a big THANK YOU for kick-starting the organisation of things as I was a bit tied up in the beginning and thank you to those that braved to cold to make the day a success – especially those that travelled a fair distance.

Now for my photos. Sorry I didn’t get everyone in, but I had to get in there well early before my batteries ran out.

Steve's (stevetubbyturbo) monster Hi-Lux:

b5044307.jpg

Rob's Rev2:

8ff094b5.jpg

Richards Rolla:

7fc02fcd.jpg

Milothius's MKI:

5821cec3.jpg

Lee's (knightrider) Yaris TS:

cb9b6e54.jpg

Jerry's Rev3 MR2T:

46a5892e.jpg

More photos.

Gnome's Yaris:

bd75a505.jpg

Frosty's Rev3 MR2T:

58f7a7d7.jpg

T Bar Steve's Rev1:

032f3ce8.jpg

My MKI:

da33abe6.jpg

Both the MKI's:

51385f4d.jpg

Everyone that was at the pod early:

f1466557.jpg

25b898e5.jpg

Some fantasic pics there Jerry and Garrick i really enjoyed the day and was great to meet you all and put faces to names.

As Jerry stated the standard of cars was very very good.

The food at the pub was great it was a shame the day had to end really.

Cant wait for TOC track attack in 5-6 weeks (Garrick remember to bring a helmet :thumbsup: )

and finally thanks to everyone at the meet for making Rachel and Me feel welcome.

See you all at track attack WAHOOOO.

Great photo's - looks like a great day :)

Just a question, in one of Jerry's photo's there is a blue phase 1 TS in the front of one of the photo's..who's is it?

Great photo's - looks like a great day :)

Just a question, in one of Jerry's photo's there is a blue phase 1 TS in the front of one of the photo's..who's is it?

That would be Bifstergray's :thumbsup:

Has Flat Eric on the parcel shelf - can't miss it anywhere B)

sounds like a good day :thumbsup: recognise a few faces, well 3 :P

gallery_177_111_1111357987.jpg

not sure if i wanna ask mate :lol: very interestin pic of lee tho haha, worthy of a catption me thinks, any 1 got any good1s

It was a great day glad we came along :group-cuddles:

lets hope we get as many at our midlands meet this week-end :unsure: :P

pics from yesterday sorry there late :rolleyes:

HERES OUR JERRY

gallery_8587_13_1111428235.jpg

ACTION SHOT OF BIFF

gallery_8587_13_1111428333.jpg

GARRICK AFTER RICH SCARED HIM :eek:

gallery_8587_13_1111428540.jpg

HAPPY RICH

gallery_8587_13_1111428624.jpg

ALL AT PUB

gallery_8587_13_1111428448.jpg

thanks for not posting that one of me thats so embarassing

no problems i've still got it though.....in case i need to blackmail you :lol::lol:

thanks for not posting that one of me thats so embarassing

no problems i've still got it though.....in case i need to blackmail you :lol::lol:

I'll pay I'll pay just delete it :lol:

Some nice shots there Kimi :thumbsup:

I didn't see you come up along side me at all - the first thing I knew about was a flash going off!

I didn't get a fright as I did when Rich pulled up along side (I didn't notice either - was too busy trying to look at the speedo hlaf hidden by the steering wheel). I was only doing 65 in a 60 when all I saw was this flash - I thought <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>, I've been done. Then I saw Rich :lol:

Looks like a great meet!

One question - where is Santa Pod - I have a feeling its near me but I'm not sure where - is it in Leicestershire/Warwickshire? Or am I thinking of somewhere else.....?

Looks like you all had fun.. Some great pictures there.. and im loving the staggered car park at the pub.. makes for a perfect photo moment.. :yes:

And loving the Frosty tubby.. hmm.. so thats what mine would look like with side skirts.. :rolleyes::ph34r: :P

Apologies for the scare,

Mark, from that Pic I've now decided to only smile with the tinted windows up. B).

I didn't realise how far down the M1 I'd travelled, until I was going back.

Sorry for not putting the TOC sticker in the back window.

Silly moment of the day was at the pub when I was asked to lift my bonnet and start the engine.

Everyone crowded around. Do you think they were looking in the engine bay......No, they were keeping warm...lol

Hi everyone

Great pictures there :thumbsup: Sorry i haven't been around for awhile but i was sorting out my PC installing more memory to install broadband ;) Now I'm all sort and wow what a difference on speed :thumbsup:

cheers jerry!!

Great stuff Jerry

I take it you wont be able to polish your MR2 whilst waiting for a thread to open when you install broadband :lol::thumbsup:

I take it you wont be able to polish your MR2 whilst waiting for a thread to open when you install broadband :lol:  :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

Won't be able to tear him away from the PC now :lol:

The PC is now almost as fast as the car too :P :lol:

Good stuff Jerry :thumbsup:

I only got B.Band a couple of weeks ago and the difference is awesome! Although the new Zone alarm doesn't work too well with XP. Initially I thought it was B.Band being a bit tempramental and not wanting to load pages first time, but when I closed Zone Alarm, all pages loaded super quick first time around. I have also since realised that XP-Pro has a build in firewall so no real need for Zone Alarm so I binned it :D

Great stuff Jerry

I take it you wont be able to polish your MR2 whilst waiting for a thread to open when you install broadband :lol:  :thumbsup:

Well i could always give it a go ah ;)

jerry!!

Looks like a great meet!

One question - where is Santa Pod - I have a feeling its near me but I'm not sure where - is it in Leicestershire/Warwickshire? Or am I thinking of somewhere else.....?

Santa Pod is near Rushden in Northamptonshire Em :thumbsup:

Looks like a great meet!

Santa Pod is near Rushden in Northamptonshire Em :thumbsup:

Around about that area :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links